Yahoo Email lockout: anyway to get in?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yahoo locked my mom out and won't let her back in. Changed her password and her security questions. Can't get back in. No phone number, no way she's handing that out now, no backup email. Said it was hacker want to charge her $160 to fix it. Screw that!

She wants back on to backup her 400 contacts. Yes they are only on yahoo mail.

oldmodman

Established Member
Yahoo is asking for $160.00 to unlock her account??!!!!

That's the first time i have ever heard of that. Are you sure that you are actually communicating with yahoo and not the phony hacking organization?

I knew someone that had been hacked and until she went to the library and used one of their computers to communicate she could not get past the hackers. And do not try to log into the account from the library. Got directly to Yahoo.

fmylife

Established Member
Thanks

They are saying it was hacked and or some sort of virus invlolved and it will take 160 to get back on to her account.

What form of contact? From a completely different machine, did she get the Yahoo support number and call them on the phone or is it "Yahoo" web browser chat?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Phone. She believes she was talking to someone out of country. She's tried two other numbers and that had been disconnected.

I've tried everything I can think of online. Nothing has worked since she does not have secondary email.

cbj5259

Established Member
Try: help.yahoo.com

When prompted, enter the yahoo ID. Not sure if you tried this already or not.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DallaStang

Established Member
Try from a different computer to look up Yahoo's help number ( the phone number) and just explain to them what happened. Had something similar to me and they could look at the IP address locations of where i was logging in (The same place for 10 years) (then one day from South America) and was able to get me my account back.

Users who are viewing this thread