ya..I pretty much just beat a z06

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
ALMOST! okay i KNOW that im going to get flamed but i never post up lies (u can check all my posts) so okay im on my street about to go to a friends house to take off my nitto 555 drag radials to put on my regular tires turning onto 43rd ave. when what do I see? a bright red vette so i quickly turn and catch up to him and catch him at the light where i am right next to him, as im lookin at it I notice the z06 badge and the black slots by the wheels (was a 97-04 z06, not sure when they started making z06's) well the guy was some old elton john look a like and as it turned green I just floored it to see if he would play and I heard his engine start to roar, but he wasnt catching up he wasl ike right beside me (I think he couldnt get any traction) so I shift it to 2nd and we are in the exact same place, once I hit 70 he started passing me pretty easliy which is where I shut down and he slowed down too, I gave him a thumbs up but he kept lookin straight ahead(probably was embarrassed) but yeah I guess u could say it was a kill in a way but It made me feel better about my car. Hehe they're right about the nittos working wonders on the street but crappy at the track.

P.S. the only reason why I believe this is because 1.I was there and 2. my buddys 5.0 notch runs consistant mid 12's and we raced from a dig (i was on drag radials) and I beat him from 0-60 and after that he flew by me so I just hook up a hell of a lot better.:pepper:

Last edited:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
I have a jlt ram air intake, 75mm bbk throttle body and plenum, and nitto 555 drag radials.

SpdPilot

Established Member
He was just playing with you.

Many people, (myself included) don't race with everything we have against a car we know we can easily beat. I play with lesser cars all the time. I will sometimes let them get 2-3 cars head start before I burn them. And why tear up my car once I pass them. You said 70mph??.....that is what....to the top of 2nd gear? and he already passed you?

Dude....no offense, but you weren't even in the running. He was just playing with you. And if he stayed in it, it would have been bus lengths. You should like your car, but hardly a "Kill" story.

Last edited:

joegt38

Established Member
Nice kill but you wouldn't have a chance if he could drive.

Its fun beatin cars you know you shouldn't.....

joegt38

Established Member
Steve Gunn said:
I lost to an F150 once up to 40 because I was sideways...
Lol Ive lost to many cars I shouldn't have, I got beat by an NA 2000 GT when my GT was making well over 415rwhp. I figured I didn't need to launch and that f@cker came outta the hole so hard im talking 4-5 cars outta the hole I couldn't catch him and he cut it off.:burn:

StangJason

Established Member
Maybe you out drove him but I know many times I will short shift into 2nd gear and realize the car next to me is racing so I'll punch it and get a couple of cars on them and slow down. On occassion I'll just toy with them, like I did a truck one time, and I'll accellerate just enough to keep a few car length and slow down and speed up as I pull away each time.

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
just a guess but ur car is runnin low 14's high 13's at best, his car is mid 12's i beleive.. not quite sure but i think he was just playin games

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
Light turned green, you took off. He didn't punch it until after you did. That's like racing a parked car. Of course you're going to be in front .......MmmmmmmmmmmDUH!

T.O.Snake

Established Member
Red Devil said:
Light turned green, you took off. He didn't punch it until after you did. That's like racing a parked car. Of course you're going to be in front .......MmmmmmmmmmmDUH!

Hahaha, pretty much.

Kind of a "ricer" move on your part. Take off without him even acknowledging you're going to race, and then once you've gotten a lead, he's reeled you back in and is passing hard by the end of 2nd? By the top of 4th, he would've been in a different zip code.

Sorry man, glad you enjoy your car, but this is far from a "kill" story.

loudpipes

Cheating Death Since '81
Established Member
ahawkins said:
I just floored it to see if he would play and I heard his engine start to roar, but he wasnt catching up he wasl ike right beside me (I think he couldnt get any traction) so I shift it to 2nd and we are in the exact same place, once I hit 70 he started passing me pretty easliy which is where I shut down and he slowed down too

Ummmmm, how did you "win" when he's passing you????? Just because you shut down at 70 doesn't mean you won. Try again.:beer:

OH3MGSVT

cant 3x stamp a 2x stamp
Established Member
lol i know im not claiming victory because I know what z06's can do, my buddy runs dead even with them (mid 12's at track) but im just saying that it was weird being in front of one, I was sayin that he probably had no traction because when I took off at the light he did also, so it wasnt a ricer move if he floored it too, I mean think about it...a 400 hp car that weighs like 3200 lbs vs. a 270 hp. car that weighs 3600 lbs...i mean who do u think will win?! lol im not that dumb, but more than likely if he punched it he was slippin and sliding, but I couldnt tell because I was focusing on driving, but i guess we'll never know :D

limepro

Established Member
primetime said:
Really. You do this in your 2009 car? So what do you drive?

im guessing he has a c5 z06 but in 2009 is thinking of switching to the new camaro but hey what do i know

Users who are viewing this thread