y2kR Exhaust

FIRSTFORD

Established Member
Not sure if this where I should post but, I have looked at a lot of side exhausts and still the Cobra R side exhaust looks the sweetest. I don't like the idea of running it thru a side skirt but then, maybe there is a reason why. Any info anyone could send me on getting the R side exhaust set up and any numbers. I have the 04 Cobra and don't really want to do too many changes but, the side exhaust just looks mean. Thanks.

Cobra-R

Established Member
I installed a Bassani side exit exhaust on my 03 Cobra that was for a 00R. Other than making a couple brackets it fit up just fine, I loved the setup although it was plenty loud.

Brian

jwfisher

Banned
The actual R side exhaust is not something you want... it's huge and very restrictive. My site has some unique pics of it all.

Aftermarket would be another story... although I don't see any advantage to it and it's still going to have a lot of restriction due to the inherent tight turns. And then there is the terrible ground clearance...

-Jeff
http://jwfisher.com

Last edited:

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I installed a Bassani side exit exhaust on my 03 Cobra that was for a 00R. Other than making a couple brackets it fit up just fine, I loved the setup although it was plenty loud.

Brian
Are you talking about the 03 I now have? If so, I'm guessing you took it off and put the stock exhaust back on when you sold it, right?

Personally side exhaust may look cool for street purposes, but I hate it for track use. Just sits there waiting to be ripped off by exit rumbles if you blow a turn!:( :bash:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Flying Fred
Are you talking about the 03 I now have? If so, I'm guessing you took it off and put the stock exhaust back on when you sold it, right?

Personally side exhaust may look cool for street purposes, but I hate it for track use. Just sits there waiting to be ripped off by exit rumbles if you blow a turn!:( :bash:

Yes, it was on your car. I had bought a 00R Bassani cat back from Paul K (svtguy), put it on the 03, got sick of the noise and put the stock setup back on. That exhaust is on the 00R #148 that I sold to dad.

Side exit has it's merits if you cannot run tailpipes, but I agree with you, Fred.

Brian

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I was going to get the R side exhaust from borla for my 99, but 1 its expensive 2 its restrictive 3. it wont fit with most subframe connectors.
I may still go with the 00R parts...V6 rear bumper, hood, splitter etc etc if I do Ill just run magnaflow mufflers with dumps that angle slightly out towards the sides of the car, definitely will outflow the side exhaust and ground clearance wont be a problem. hth 2881

Was there a reason other than looks that the 00R came with side exhaust, it still has the IRS I could understand it if it came with a 5 link similar to the Steeda setup.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by 99COBRA2881

Was there a reason other than looks that the 00R came with side exhaust, it still has the IRS I could understand it if it came with a 5 link similar to the Steeda setup.

Tailpipes won't clear the fuel safe fuel cell. :beer:

Brian

solakiewic

Established Member
Try Bassani

Hi,
I have a 2000 R and it has the Bassani exhaust running after the Borla system. The tips are oval and the pipes are bigger - looks and sounds great and is a bit higher profile so it doesn't rub as much.
John

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
Tailpipes won't clear the fuel safe fuel cell. :beer:

Brian

Thanks Brian,
I knew there had to be some reason other than looks alone. Function always comes first in building the R models. :thumbsup:

Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread