Y2K cobra R's... worth the trade?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have a buddy with a 97 cobra that has Y2K cobra R's with new yokohama tires on them and the real "R" center cap.

He wants to trade for my factory 99 cobra wheels that have nitto 555's on the front, and pirelli P6000's on the back.

all the tires involved in the trade are almost new.

2 of my rims are curbed, but not too bad. One of his rims has pits in it that you can barely notice.

Also, I test fitted them, and there is a barely noticeable shake past 50MPH. can I just get them rebalanced? They have the stick on weights... and maybe one fell off..

So, is this worth it?? should I take it and run? Ive got them on my car now. It looks awesome, but my car still has the 4x4 look

-Homer

AzDropTop

Established Member
Sounds like a fair trade! Probably a balance issue with the shake. There is something nice about the stockers though.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
yea, there is... If my car was lowered, the stockers would also look better.

Speaking of those stockers.. I spotted the chrome ones on new GT's!! WTF????

-Homer

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
that kinda sounds too good to be true! maybe/maybe not??? Make sure the balancing issue would/will fix it. You dont want them if there is a serious problem with them.

Mike

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
i told him that the trade wasnt permanent.. yet. after a week, were gonna see how we like them.

Im gonna get em balanced before its all said and done.

They havent been curbed, though... so its gotta be something insignificant.

-Homer

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by IUP99snake
I have a buddy with a 97 cobra that has Y2K cobra R's with new yokohama tires on them and the real "R" center cap.

He wants to trade for my factory 99 cobra wheels that have nitto 555's on the front, and pirelli P6000's on the back.

all the tires involved in the trade are almost new.

2 of my rims are curbed, but not too bad. One of his rims has pits in it that you can barely notice.

Also, I test fitted them, and there is a barely noticeable shake past 50MPH. can I just get them rebalanced? They have the stick on weights... and maybe one fell off..

So, is this worth it?? should I take it and run? Ive got them on my car now. It looks awesome, but my car still has the 4x4 look

-Homer

Just an FYI - I had the Performance Wheel Outlet Y2K Cobra R's, and (2) of the (4) were WAY out of balance right out of the box. They had to put TONS of wheel weights on them to even get them 1/2-way close, and even then I was warned to "not put them on the front". Maybe I just got a couple of bad wheels, maybe there's lots of them out-of-balance like that - who knows?
If it was me, I would check those wheels out THOROUGHLY before I traded.....

Users who are viewing this thread