Y is AFCO intercooler slowing down intercooler flow????

honestabe03

Established Member
I have the AFCO dual pass intercooler, but the fluid is moving at 1/4 the pace of stock, i don't even think it's running cooler than stock because it is moving too slow, and it's getting the fluid hotter than stock before it goes into the intercooler. Is the fluidyne any better? Or is there anyway to increase the flow rate, and no there is no air pocket, whole system has been burped, and pressurized several times. no air in the lines. I think the dual pass is just making too much resistance for the stock pump.... Any insight?:shrug:

SlowSVT

Established Member
Keep in mind a path a dual pass HE will impose on the system is twice as long with a higher pressure drop then a single pass HE. A flow rate reduction of 75% doesn't sound right but I would imagine it won't flow as mush volume as a single pass HE. I have a Gords single pass HE which I think is the best on the market. The flow restriction of a dual pass will also work the pump harder.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Mine seems to flow like mad.You have a kinked line?Maybe your i/c pump is starting to go out.

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Your pump is on its way to the grave. You may be able to temporarily revive it by unplugging/plugging in the connector several times to clean off any corrosion on the leads.

Users who are viewing this thread