Y has my car lost it's shine

fastsvtfocus

Established Member
I have a 2002 SVT Focus. IT is black when i first got it man that babe was shine now it's very flat looking like it has lost it's shine and now i kick my self for geting black. I also have that like spray that ford sprays on when i first but the car it was like $700.00 it's like a tefflaun. What do i do and it has like a Hazz like ford didn't put a nuff paint or clearcoat. What do i do

:shrug: :xpl:

95rcobra

The 2 things that I would do in that situation is to Clay bar the entire car to deep clean the surface. If that does not do the job go to a Auto paint store and by wax and grease remover to strip that teflon crap off your paints surface. after the surface is clean use a Polish or Glaze to get oils back in the paint and then protect the paint with a high quality wax like Zaino, Meguiars, Mothers, etc. etc. I have always liked Black and it has the best mirror shine when clean but the upkeep is a real chore.

Later, 95rcobra.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Cobra R model #185
2003 Redfire Cobra coupe #4158.

M.ageCrazy

Established Member
P21S Paintwork Cleanser is excellent !!!!!!!!! It is PH balanced and really cleans it. Finish with P21S Carnauba Wax and make sure you are wearing your shades.
Check out the report at www.gurureports.org
I bought both after using Meguiars for years. Now my cars shine dazzles.
It is jewel like. Many compliments. I used the P21S Paintwork Cleanser first. The resulting shine was incredible. I almost didn't use the P21S Carnauba Wax. I couldn't believe the cleanser would be so damned good.
I did use the wax and it was FANTASTIC. NO I DO NOT WORK FOR P21S. I will never go back to Meguiars.:D :D :D :D

Last edited:

quivvy

Whaaaaack.....
Established Member
have you maintained the paint? kept it clean, washed it, waxed it, etc? try waxing it/buffing it first. see what happens. if not, ask teh dealership... thats odd....

Users who are viewing this thread