XXR Wheel Question

Mikey5.0

Established Member
Ive never messed with wheels with having to worry about offset and such ive always bought the wheel and tire combos from American muscle and late model resto. But im tired of the traditional saleen fr500 cobra wheel that ive seen all over

Im looking to get either a set of xxr 531 or 521 for my 03 cobra. Im lowered on eibach springs and still have irs. I know I want 18s. I think they come in 8.5 for up front and 10.5 or 11s on rear. What offset do I get and where is the best place to get a wheel and tire combo.. Any help would be great. thanks in advance

MattG04

Established Member
I'm running Eibach pro kit springs with no ISO's and XXR 526's fronts are 18x9 with an offset of 35 and the rears are 18x10.5" with an offset of 20. I'm running a 305/30 in the rear with a 265/35 in the front. I'm also running MM low profile IRS bolts. However I just might reinstall my ISO's before its said and done. Hope this
F00AD8F8-E7A2-4A45-9986-AE7715A27B4F_zps3tygadun.jpg

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
I had 521 on my car once upon a time. They were cool. I had 18x8.5 and 18x10. Got mine back in 2011 so I honestly can't remember where I bought them from and I sold them about a year ago. I think I remember something about 24 offset. 5x114.3 is the bold pattern you want

LWniesz

Established Member
IMO, just call Steve at True Forged. His wheels are top notch quality- actually everything he sells is.
Just a great company to deal with. I have a set of Chicanes on my MG Cobra, and plan to get one of his Puto tanks and some hood vents as well here shortly.

Lycosa

Established Member
IMO, just call Steve at True Forged. His wheels are top notch quality- actually everything he sells is.
Just a great company to deal with. I have a set of Chicanes on my MG Cobra, and plan to get one of his Puto tanks and some hood vents as well here shortly.

I would love to get my hands on some chicanes. 5000 a set for the configuration I want though. That is a little steep for me.

Mikey5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the reply

I had 521 on my car once upon a time. They were cool. I had 18x8.5 and 18x10. Got mine back in 2011 so I honestly can't remember where I bought them from and I sold them about a year ago. I think I remember something about 24 offset. 5x114.3 is the bold pattern you want

Mikey5.0

Established Member

I wish I could spend that much on a set of wheels. Just cant bring myself to do it. That's why im looking more towards xxrs or something like that

Users who are viewing this thread