xtreme detailing doing a 03 sonic blue cobra

ryan071587

Established Member
hey guys im working on getting my own high end style detailing business started and i spent all do doing this 03 cobra and i thought id share all the photos taken.
feel free to ask questions about anything and all comments welcome
mycobra263.jpg
[/IMG]
2003 cobra pictures by ryan0715887 - Photobucket
heres a link to a ton of pictures taken today

ryan071587

Established Member
its was washed clay bared head to toe, some of it was wet sanded with 3000, then it was cut polished, da with compound followed by da wax, hand waxed and then sealed.. need less to say its cleaner then it probably ever has been.

ryan071587

Established Member
didnt need polished i was able to use the compund to remove 95 percent of the imperfections and the wax and sealant was enuf to make it flawless

Zoom

Established Member
I recommend pinnacle souvern wax. It's pricey($95) but worth it. Take a look, did mine a few days ago
Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. They don't do the car justice

1323060009.jpg

1323060018.jpg

1323059883.jpg

Last edited:

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
If you used carnuba wax by hand you might try it after the sealant next time. It should pull more depth and on dark cars it works great IMO (unless the owner prefers a glossier finish on dark cars.)

I love detailing and try to hit all of them every weekend, it's so therapeutic IMO. It's suppose to rain so all I did was the mustang this weekend :)

384905_278775225501365_100001066683485_833773_828674363_n.jpg

Let's see some outside shots in the sun, I'd love to detail a sonic blue car. Bet it looks awesome.

Forza Aerospace

Established Member
hey guys im working on getting my own high end style detailing business started and i spent all do doing this 03 cobra and i thought id share all the photos taken.
feel free to ask questions about anything and all comments welcome
heres a link to a ton of pictures taken today

Not trying to be rude or anything, but if you're trying to start a "high end style detailing business" I would suggest making sure when you type you don't use words like "enuf" and "da wax." It looks good though. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Not bad, everyones gotta start somewhere.

Least youre doing better than most when they say they detailed their cars that weekend. Lol guy, applying a coat of mothers otc paste wax is not detailing a car.

Im working on getting back into it. Lost all my pads in a lapse of judgement (left them in a bucket of cleaner for 4mo, desintegrated them to nothing) and now gonna build up my arsenal from the ground up.

ryan071587

Established Member
Not to be rude but a da is a system it's a daul action polisher. As far as how long it took it took to guys about 5hrs to do just the outside. The motor was hand dressed with some stuff called last touch it's a type of quick detailer. And for pics in the sun I would have loved to but it was pouring rain the owner is suppose to get me some more pics.

ryan071587

Established Member
I'd also like to point out to people so they don't think im a newb just getting into it I've got 5yrs of detailing exspericance detailing daily and I'm just really trying to stupid my quality and get out on my own.

smitty2919

Established Member
I would suggest getting more and better pics of your work...

This is after using NuFinish by hand on my car taken with a Nikon D3100

15360126_large.jpg

15360144_large.jpg

Point being, mine doesn't look much worse than your job and you used better products and and a lot more effort.

Goodluck on getting the business started. I would bring my car to someone like you to give it a good buff job etc once a year. Just haven't found someone around me where I could see their work before hand.

ryan071587

Established Member
I here you on the better pictures and your right makes a world of difference and you know what I may have put in a lot more effort but at the end of the day I want my customers to know I care for there car as if it was mine and another thing to add is the compounds I use correct the imperfections rather then hide them like a lot of filler stuff does yes they will still look good but I want what I did to last for as long as the car is cared for in a proper fashion I appreciate all the comments guys because the only way my business will ever have a bit of success is for guys like us the car guy that understand how hard a quality job like this is and what it's really worth

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread