[Xtreme] Brembo Cobra R front kit in stock!

Bill Reid

Established Member
... continuing to build our Ford product line we have added the Brembo Cobra R front brake hit to our line up. Matching rear rotors also available.

korn1.jpg

korn2.jpg

Thanks to Warp03Cobra for allowing us to install a set on his ride :) Pricing and options can be viewed on our website - http://www.xmsengineering.com/braking

:beer:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Looks sharp.

Off topic: did you guys ship my K&N CAI? I ordered on fri & was told I would get a email with a tracking #, never got it. I just now tried calling but the line was busy.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Wow I just creamed myself! That is awesome!

One comment on the website though, I think the GM parts need to be seperate from the Ford stuff ;-). It's kind of hard digging through the 03 Cobra parts with the abundance of Corvette items.

Bill Reid

Established Member
... can't compete with that ShelbyGuy... so I guess I won't be selling any kits. :shrug: BTW, who is G.E.F.?

Bill Reid

Established Member
Juiced, agreed... we are growing faster than our website... I need to have it redesigned and plan to do so after our catalog is released in the next couple of months :)

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
gene evans ford

http://www.gefracing.com/

edit: free advice. dont try and compete with either gene evans ford or ford parts network.

i think you'll sell plenty simply becuase you can install as well, and you guys are figuring prominently in the 03cobra scene.

edit again: google for 'brembo race technologies' and see if they have a web site yet. thats the place brembo recommends if you want your calipers painted a different color, but you want the 'brembo' logo put back on.

Last edited:

Bill Reid

Established Member
FYI, for anybody purchasing this kit through Ford make sure the rotors are Brembo and not Kelsey-Hays rotors. Ford does not offer Goodridge brake lines nor do they offer a Brembo brake pad... as I do... because I get the kits through Brembo... not Ford :)

Bill Reid

Established Member
Originally posted by MystiChrome Coupe
Looks sharp.

Off topic: did you guys ship my K&N CAI? I ordered on fri & was told I would get a email with a tracking #, never got it. I just now tried calling but the line was busy.

I know we shipped a couple out in the last 2 business days. Give us a call... you should have received a tracking number via email. We can give you a tracking number over the phone :)

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
rockin!

do you guys tack on a 'handling fee' or anything like that? how about sales tax to people outside your state?

edit: this thread http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6049 might be of benefit to people wishing to step up to a rotor and hat assembly with this brake package

Originally posted by Bill Reid
FYI, for anybody purchasing this kit through Ford make sure the rotors are Brembo and not Kelsey-Hays rotors. Ford does not offer Goodridge brake lines nor do they offer a Brembo brake pad... as I do... because I get the kits through Brembo... not Ford :)

Last edited:

mystifiedworm

Established Member
This setup is very cool and looks great on any car. :coolman: Now all I need to do is see if I can get a set on my car.;-);-)

Bill Reid

Established Member
We do not tack on any handling fee's... and we do not make money on shipping either. :) Our prices reflect a fair mark-up on the merchandise only... we gotta eat too :) Its great when we have the opportunity to gain a little extra on installation labor... helps pay for the $2500 scan tool needed to properly bleed the brakes throught he ABS unit :)

:beer:

KingSnake

Established Member
I have a friend who has the same setup on his Saleen and the brakes make loud screeching noise after you get on them pretty hard. Just wondering if his brake pads are the culprit. I like these brakes as long as they are very quiet.

Chuck

hj16

Established Member
How about 18" Bullitts, or 18" 03 Replicas??? And the rotors are 13" correct? 4 piston Calipers?

Bill Reid

Established Member
Not sure about the wheels you mention... I do know this kit WILL fit with the stock Cobra wheel. Yes, 13" rotors and 4 piston calipers :)

Vindication

Flossy Fast
Established Member
This is a cute set up for us Cobra owners but for a person like me I need something more extreme in the front now that I have this brake kit there now. Can you use these as rear brakes because I would really like a 6 piston Brembo kit at the front.....it would really look nice with my current wheel. Any help? And don't tell me a 6 piston brake kit cost 3-4 grand because I already know that. :D

Users who are viewing this thread