Xpipe wo cats much louder than with?

venams03

Established Member
I am trying to decide whether to order the magnaflow x pipe and catback with cats or without. I do like the exhaust mean and loud but if the x pipe w/o cats isn't significantly louder, I'm not going to bother.

Anybody out there that has heard both setups or can offer any advice- Greatly appreciated!

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am putting in Robs 3" exhaust which is one unit from the headers back. This was one of the reasons I bought it the cats can be installed or removed in a matter of minutes because you ownly have to replace a 1.5' tube for off-road or put int the cats for on-road.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Cool do you still have the stock cats?

Yea, so far. I did it this way because I wanted better/more sound, but don't have the cash right yet to do the full 3". Sounds pretty good, except for lots of popping, of course, SCREAMS at WOT. I'd post some sound bite, except I don't have anything to record them with :(

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
Yea, so far. I did it this way because I wanted better/more sound, but don't have the cash right yet to do the full 3". Sounds pretty good, except for lots of popping, of course, SCREAMS at WOT. I'd post some sound bite, except I don't have anything to record them with :(

You can use a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread