Xpipe or Hpipe?

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
As far as I know, no. If there was I dont think that there would be enough of a difference that you could feel it.

monX

Established Member
It's all about sound and the X sounds better for our cars.

32V10TH

Stroked
Established Member
My catted h-pipe sounds to deep. Doesnt sound ike most cobras to me. I prefer the x... everyone has different tastes though

rtvickers

Established Member
This is what Im looking for.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ1Z-dXrX7M"]YouTube - Dr Gas X-pipe and Flowmasters 03 cobra[/nomedia]

Maybe just a littler louder. I know he has a Dr Gas X pipe. What other X pipe or H pipe will sound like this. I already have the Flowmasters. It sounds good. Buts its a little muffled cause of the catted H pipe. I want to go with an o/r Xpipe. Just dont know which one yet.

I also like this one. Not sure on the Idle though.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eg9y41Mtg"]YouTube - SVT Cobra. Terminator.[/nomedia]

moonltgold

It's mostly about sound. Maybe the X has a little hp edge at very high rpm (over 5000), but I have never seen more than a few hp gain (less than 5) on a dyno.

redrockett

Established Member
From experience with the same 2 exhaust systems the h pipe has a deeper sound and the x pipe has a more raspy sound. I like them both but like the h pipe sound a little better.

ZincYellowGT281

Established Member
MRT h-pipe with high flow catts paired with 1 chamber cherrybomb extremes :pepper: couldn't be happier! it gives it that rumble and sound of a muscle car, but like others have said its all what you prefer.

Teej281

Established Member
x pipes offer better exhaust scavenging as the two pipes actually meet and equalize pressure in the exhaust system, giving a little bit more peak power, but not enough to justify buying one over the other for that sole reason. I personally am a fan of the x pipe. O/r x pipes have lots of rasp, which is why Im rolling with a magnaflow catted x, but certain exhausts need the o/r x to make their sound.

rtvickers, the car in the second vid sounds like an o/r x and macs to me. I like that specific sound. the dr. gas x pipes are the same design as the UPR, VRS, Pypes, and i think thats it. I had the o/r x and flows on my GT and they sounded good there so I'd give them a shot.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I think everyone covered it but I think its split on preference. I had bassani with mrt o/r hpipe and loved it. I am switching to magnaflows now and still love it. It has that old school deep throaty sound. When I had magnapaks with o/r hpipe it was raspy and freaking loud. Some people like that. GL with your decision. I have tried 5 exhaust set ups. I think my favorite was magnapaks and stock hpipe. Not to loud but deep and throaty but havent got to drive it with the or h and magnaflows yet but it sounds awesome on idle and revs.

Users who are viewing this thread