Xpipe died?

simpman

game artist
Established Member
I think something is wrong with my exhaust. I think it's my Xpipe but not sure. It could be the catback but it sound like it's from the xpipe. Today when I was riding home it all the sudden started making a deeper hollower noise with a rattle as well. The noise is very loud when I'm starting in first and second. I'm not sure how to explain it better but it doesn't sound good. Does anybody know what a messed up Xpipe sounds like? I reved it for my wife to hear and she said it sounded like something was scraping. It was on the car when I bought it so it's about 2 years old. Is two years about the life cycle of bassani's? Maybe one of my Cats went? Any help or even speculation is appreciated, I don't know much about exhaust.

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
I blew out both my catts on my Bassani X a month ago. It sounded just like what is happening to you.

I hope you have a receipt cause w/out it Bassani won’t warranty it. I have a Magnaflow catted X now.

simpman

game artist
Established Member
Tommy do you like the Magnaflow? The Xpipe was on the car when I bought it so unfortunatly I don't have the receipt so I'm going to have to replace it with my own cash. I have a Bassani Catback and don't want to replace it right now so do you think Magnaflow Xpipe to Bassani Catback would fit or sound good/bad?

Tommy98016

Heavy Ass Vert
Established Member
simpman said:
Tommy do you like the Magnaflow?

yes it is a very nice X pipe

simpman said:
The Xpipe was on the car when I bought it so unfortunatly I don't have the receipt so I'm going to have to replace it with my own cash.

That was my problem to, It was on my car when I bought it just like you and Bassani would not warranty it. I fought on the phone w/them for 1 hour and they finally offered to sell me the replacement catts for $100 each. I tould them to keep them I was going to buy someone elses catted X. By the way the catted X only had 4 thousand mile on it.

simpman said:
I have a Bassani Catback and don't want to replace it right now so do you think Magnaflow Xpipe to Bassani Catback would fit or sound good/bad?

that's my setup now and I actually like it better. The maggy X w/the bassani catt back seems to be a little quiter then the all bassani setup.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Take a look at the gasket between the X pipe and the exhaust manifold also. Could have blown that out.

Glfbaluhwakrguy

03 SB Cobra
Established Member
If you did happen to blow a piece of cat out, just get the car up in the air a bit and crawl under there and give the pipes a nice solid bang right by the cats and see if you hear anything rattling around. :-D

Users who are viewing this thread