Xpipe/Cutouts

Ronson87

Established Member
So for my birthday I was told I have $500 to spend on my Cobra, I have a jlt cold air and Magna Flow cat back already on the car. I was looking at the Bassani Catless Xpipe, but i was also looking into electric cutouts for the exhaust, I had been shown the DMH low pro cutouts. I was hoping you guys could give me some advise as to the better choice. or if you think of anything else in my price range that might even be better. Thanks for your help guys.

MY DREAM

Established Member
Well, what I did was put the DMH low pro cutout on my Bassani X-Pipe! Get the Bassani X-Pipe, then latter down the road as you save up you can get the cutout and have them installed (or do it your self) onto the X-pipe.

James

MY DREAM

Established Member
Depends, does your state have emissions smog testing? If so, I would go Catted (2 high flow cats) if not go with the catless. I live in CA so I have to retain the cats for smog. I have the option to remove the cats and just put in the straight pipes but it actually sounds better running it with cats then out the dumps. It takes away the popping. With no cats then out the dumps it will pop a lot.

James

Ronson87

Established Member
Well NY does have emission laws, but there is always mil eliminators just for that reason :coolman: I know that the catless does allow for a louder and more free flowing exhaust for more power. Thanks for the help!

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
I have the American racing 3"set up, I picked up direct from them(ARH).SLP makes a modular system also.

Users who are viewing this thread