Xm

jbs$

Established Member
Different strokes for different folks. I personally find XM useful as I make a lot of driving trips of 50 or more miles and I don't have to hunt radio stations.

ryan319

Established Member
Different strokes for different folks. I personally find XM useful as I make a lot of driving trips of 50 or more miles and I don't have to hunt radio stations.

i know, i was just messing with you. i like using my ipod on long trips. i already paid for that music (some of it anyway) and don't want to pay for radio. plus my car hibernates 4 months out of the year during winter and it just seems wasteful to pay for the xm. even when it was free in my car and my wife's we rarely ever used it.

Madlock

Established Member
I'd take care, as it may also serve more than purpose. Even without navigation, the Services and Turn-by-turn directions features of SYNC relies on positional data from the head unit which may also look to the wart to help provide.

RLL

Established Member
Why remove it. Don't pay the next XM bill and they will cut off service. If you ever sell the car maybe the buyer will want XM.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Our wart is failing due to the wiring link that you see when you raise the trunk which is the vehicle wire harness. They say they only cover 12k one year----so the car has 36/3 year bumper to bumper. The stuff is part of the car?? Between the bumpers.

mikejaeggi

Established Member
Why remove it. Don't pay the next XM bill and they will cut off service. If you ever sell the car maybe the buyer will want XM.

it may take them awhile, my XM free subscription expired in June but I was receiving the signal until just last week. no more Stern for me, bummer.

railroad

Established Member
XM is turning on inactive radios through Dec 3 for free. A sales person told me to use the $25 per 6 month offer and just renew when it runs out. I think their subscriptions are down, so I would look for good deals in the future.

Roadhand

Established Member
That's the deal. Let it stay off for a couple of weeks and they'll flood you with free activation 6 mos for $25 offers. Do it again when it runs out. I find its worth $4 a month for me.....

Users who are viewing this thread