xcalibrator 2...anyone done this yet...is it better?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
It'll be out in a few months. You should see the warehouse where they build them. Their office is small. I was there the day they released it officially and they had tech support building boxes to ship. They are still a small company but they are growing. Their ideas are insane.

They have a great product. They might have just underestimated demand. Give them time. They will catch up.

The only reason I got mine ahead of everybody was because I loaned them my car for a few days. A lot of my friends did it. My car club is sending like 14 cars to them to be used over the summer.

They are the nicest people. A tech took the time to go over everything and tell me about every small feature even though he was really busy.

Matt

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Stevenbekah said:
That's just it...I don't know how to tune, a shop here in KC is going to tune for me and that's what I'm trying to determine; if they tune it, will they get a better tune with the Xcalibrator 2 or the original Xcalibrator?? :shrug:

That is why I say, "order the Xcal 2 with the PRP software and whoever you buy it all from WILL GIVE YOU 1 or 2 tunes that are safe." There are many forums, IE...sctflash.com or modulardepot.com that have lots of PRP users exchanging info.

On another note, I have the new Xcal 2 and the PRP. I have noticed very fast downloading and uploading. I needed to make changes to my MAF_transfer and it loaded to the Xcal2 in about 30 seconds and from the xcal2 to my car in about 50 seconds. :banana:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
BlackMachWon said:
Anyone know if you can change the stock or loaded tune without additional software? I didn't see where I could change, or even view, parameters of the tune.

I want to turn t/c off permanently and lower cooling fan temps, etc. but don't see any options to do that

ORDER THE ADVANTAGE SOFTWARE that comes with the PRP. You will love it!!

Last edited:

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
Zman04 said:
The shop he is talking about is Supertune in KC, They are Sct dealer. Hey Stevenbekah I met you Friday at Sonic. I had the Yellow 04 vert. I would talk to Supertune and see if they can sell the unit to you. Tuners kind of like it if you buy the stuff from them, Ask what the reccomend. If you are gonna do Nitrious ever, think flip chip like we were talking about. :beer:

Hey ZMAN! Yeah, I already sent an email to Christi there asking if she could get one so that big Roger can tune it for me...just wanted to know what the "thoughts" of the forum were and whether or not it was truly a better tune.

Look forward to seeing you again...BTW, I was at Winsteads Saturday and this guy pulled up with an 02 GT that had about 22K of work done; worked motor, KB, G-Track full suspension set up. He said he was putting down 568 RWHP...damn it was bad arse looking!

Users who are viewing this thread