xcal2 code thrown? Help!

BIGBAIR

Established Member
Could anybody tell me what the code p1516 is on excal2?????:??:

I throw this code every once in awhile, Usually when im getting on it!!

Thanks for any info!:shrug:

andy

Wiseguy

Established Member
Runner control problem- It says you have a 98 cobra still? The control box cables usually break.

BIGBAIR

Established Member
yes i still have a 98 , thanks wiseguy! where are (control box cables ) or what are they?
thanks
andy

Wiseguy

Established Member
The box is under your lower intake. If you rev above 3250rpms you should see the cables move. They are looped behind the intake close to the firewall.

BIGBAIR

Established Member
Should i replace that or remove it? I called my shop and he really wasnt to sure of what it was??? Wiseguy do you have a shop that could work on this ?

Just wondering?

Andy

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
amstaffbair said:
Should i replace that or remove it? I called my shop and he really wasnt to sure of what it was??? Wiseguy do you have a shop that could work on this ?

Just wondering?

Andy
Dave didn't know what the IMRCs are? You should try and find an IMRC delete kit. We could do it in a couple hours. I've had my IMRCs out a few times to clean them.I think I'm gonna do the same.

BIGBAIR

Established Member
Red Devil said:
Dave didn't know what the IMRCs are? You should try and find an IMRC delete kit. We could do it in a couple hours. I've had my IMRCs out a few times to clean them.I think I'm gonna do the same.

George is who i talked to . Matt ill hit you up!

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
amstaffbair said:
George is who i talked to . Matt ill hit you up!
No problem. Do what Billy said. There are two black cables coming out of the back of the upper intake. They look like bike brake cables. they should flex when you open the throttle above 3200 rpms. if they don't move, your IMRC box is toast. It's also possible that your IMRCs are just gummed up. Not sure but I don't think you'll throw a code if they're just gummed up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread