Xbox One S to X

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
gamestop is currently giving a $250 credit toward the xb1 x if you trade in an S.

for the gamer guys, is it worth the hassle?

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Yes, because when will you see an XB1 X at $250? Probably another 2 years at least. Thing came out last year and its still $499

I want one but recently pulled the trigger on a onewheel. and want to get a GTX 1080ti before any other purchases.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Yes, because when will you see an XB1 X at $250? Probably another 2 years at least. Thing came out last year and its still $499

I want one but recently pulled the trigger on a onewheel. and want to get a GTX 1080ti before any other purchases.
11 series coming very soon, so the 10xx should be dropping in price

SirShaun

Established Member
If you have a 4k HDR capable TV or plan on getting one soon, and have no intention of buying a gaming PC, then go for it.

The X is nice, but I recently built a gaming rig, now I'm on the fence which platform I should buy games for. Xbox games aren't really console exclusive anymore and can typically be had for the PC, as well.

I haven't gamed on my X since building the PC lol.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I’ve thought about it, but $250 is only $50 away from a Switch. And that opens up mobile gaming and an entire library of other games.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
IMO build a gaming PC and forget the XBOX.

I’ve done both. Grew up on console, built a gaming rig and switched over completely for about 4 years. Recently started playing console again and, while the graphics aren’t as good and getting used to a controller again has been a challenge, there is a lot to be said about the easy of use with the console. Not having to worry about having the most recent drivers and browsing servers and stuff like that and just starting the console and jumping in.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I’ve done both. Grew up on console, built a gaming rig and switched over completely for about 4 years. Recently started playing console again and, while the graphics aren’t as good and getting used to a controller again has been a challenge, there is a lot to be said about the easy of use with the console. Not having to worry about having the most recent drivers and browsing servers and stuff like that and just starting the console and jumping in.

That and some games don't port well to PC, as in those originally developed for Xbox|PS, the developers in some cases seem to phone it in for the pc version.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If you already have a gaming PC this is a no brainer. Get the X. fighting game would be console, racing games or games heavy on the graphics would be on the PC. I would do it @KingBlack, before the value of the S sinks further. You will have the most powerful console that can play 4k blu ray. DONE DEAL!!! Get an OLED tv to match the X.

I have an xb1, gaming pc and switch. PC gets used for starcraft 2 and FPS games, xb1 gets used for Forza (i dont have a steering wheel or windows 10), switch gets used for flights during travel and thats it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
yesssssh they are! Not gonna pull the trigger till i can get one for $450. Sell my GTX 970 for a hundred maybe. LOL
Im still rocking my SLI 980 GTX SCs.. Holy moly the 1080's were (are ) EXPENSIVE... Not sure Ill be upgrading my rig for awhile.

PoohBear

I am the Red Cyclone
Established Member
What's the life expectancy of the XB1X? Is it just a mid life cycle update or the new system from MS?

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
What's the life expectancy of the XB1X? Is it just a mid life cycle update or the new system from MS?

I believe it’s an incremental improvement within the same generation.

XB1->XB1S->XB1X

Historically, mid-cycle refreshes have always been primarily about smaller form factor and production cost cutting with minimal performance upgrades. But with the XB1S, XB1X, and PS4 Pro, it looks like that has shifted.

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Can’t you use Xbox/ps4 controller on PC?

SirShaun

Established Member
Predictions have the next xbox dropping in 2020. I think Playstation will be shooting 2nd, maybe not until 2021+.

The aim assist in some games are decent like Fortnite, controller isn't bad against PC, until it comes to building and gaming mouses being far superior.

Go play some social GoW against some PC players and come back, if you want the true M/K vs Controller conclusion lol. I could just be that bad, but I remember severely getting wooped on against PC GoW players.

Users who are viewing this thread