x plan

97cobraconvert

Established Member
Anyone know i can get my hands on an x-plan pin#? All of the stealerships around wnat to charge a markup of $2000-3000?

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member
Im no sure every dealer is as picky as the one I went to but I had to give my work id badge to be photo copied along with the x plan pin.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Im no sure every dealer is as picky as the one I went to but I had to give my work id badge to be photo copied along with the x plan pin.

That is required for the Xplan "Partners" (companies who qualify), but X Plan "Friends and Neighbors" does not need any verification other than the name of the Sponsor.

97cobraconvert

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I've tried to play a couple of dealer against themselves but since there are no convertible around like I want they have to order one. If I wanted one they had in stock, I could have it for @ $1000 under invoice. But all of there convertibles are anywhere from $39,000-$45,000. Thats crazy.

SVTStampede

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I've tried to play a couple of dealer against themselves but since there are no convertible around like I want they have to order one. If I wanted one they had in stock, I could have it for @ $1000 under invoice. But all of there convertibles are anywhere from $39,000-$45,000. Thats crazy.

Use the Mustang Club Of America, it's completely legit.

MartyB

Established Member
Use the Mustang Club Of America, it's completely legit.

I did that. Worked great, IMO, but it takes awhile to get your MCA member card, etc. I think it was about a month. Add the two months to get the car, after ordering and you're looking at three months+ to get it. I don't know if you wanna wait that long...

Also I've seen people, on here claiming OTD prices $3000 less than I paid, for the same car, so you might be able to score a better deal, w/o the plan.

Of course, I live out in the sticks (Ford dealer inventories NO Mustangs), and don't enjoy haggling, so it was the way to go, for me.

-Marty

SVTStampede

Established Member
I did that. Worked great, IMO, but it takes awhile to get your MCA member card, etc. I think it was about a month. Add the two months to get the car, after ordering and you're looking at three months+ to get it. I don't know if you wanna wait that long...

Also I've seen people, on here claiming OTD prices $3000 less than I paid, for the same car, so you might be able to score a better deal, w/o the plan.

Of course, I live out in the sticks (Ford dealer inventories NO Mustangs), and don't enjoy haggling, so it was the way to go, for me.

-Marty

I try to ignore what people claim to get on the internet, the Dealerships aren't going to pay money to Ford to give pople deals under what they get including holdback.

Then there are the people who did trade ins not realizing the "deal" they got was because they got shorted on their trade in severely.

Timeless

TK-421
Established Member
I did that. Worked great, IMO, but it takes awhile to get your MCA member card, etc. I think it was about a month. Add the two months to get the car, after ordering and you're looking at three months+ to get it. I don't know if you wanna wait that long...-Marty

My dealership ordered the car without me even showing them the MCA/Xplan papers. They only needed the pin when signing on the dotted lines.

You can also email the MCA forum admin once you sign up and he will give you the information to get your X-Plan Pin/Paperwork thus bypassing the wait in the mail for your card.

Fast Willy

Established Member
I know ford has several different plans such as x plan A plan etc. Does anyone know the order of the discount possible? Or what each one means?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I know ford has several different plans such as x plan A plan etc. Does anyone know the order of the discount possible? Or what each one means?

X-Plan pricing is available on new Ford & Lincoln vehicles to a growing number of people. X-Plan price is much less than MSRP and you still get the same rebates & interest rates available to the general public. Many local employers such as Microsoft & Weyerhaeuser are signed up with more joining daily! Check with your employer to see if you qualify under the Partner Recognition program that Ford Motor Company offers to various employers. If so, your employer will give you a PIN # to validate your eligibility.

A/Z-Plan pricing is for current or retired Ford Motor Company employees and their eligible relatives. A/Z-plan price is way below MSRP and you still get the same rebates & interest rates available to the general public on your new Ford or Lincoln vehicle. Like X-Plan, a PIN # will be issued to you by Ford Motor Company or your relative that works (worked) for Ford Motor Company to validate your eligibility.

D-Plan pricing is for current Ford & Lincoln dealership employees and their eligible relatives. D-plan price is way below MSRP and you still get the same rebates & interest rates available to the general public on your new Ford or Lincoln vehicle. Like the other plans, a PIN # will be issued to you by Ford Motor Company or your relative that works for a Ford or Lincoln dealership to validate your eligibility.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
X-Plan pricing is available on new Ford & Lincoln vehicles to a growing number of people. X-Plan price is much less than MSRP and you still get the same rebates & interest rates available to the general public. Many local employers such as Microsoft & Weyerhaeuser are signed up with more joining daily! Check with your employer to see if you qualify under the Partner Recognition program that Ford Motor Company offers to various employers. If so, your employer will give you a PIN # to validate your eligibility.

A/Z-Plan pricing is for current or retired Ford Motor Company employees and their eligible relatives. A/Z-plan price is way below MSRP and you still get the same rebates & interest rates available to the general public on your new Ford or Lincoln vehicle. Like X-Plan, a PIN # will be issued to you by Ford Motor Company or your relative that works (worked) for Ford Motor Company to validate your eligibility.

D-Plan pricing is for current Ford & Lincoln dealership employees and their eligible relatives. D-plan price is way below MSRP and you still get the same rebates & interest rates available to the general public on your new Ford or Lincoln vehicle. Like the other plans, a PIN # will be issued to you by Ford Motor Company or your relative that works for a Ford or Lincoln dealership to validate your eligibility.

Only thing to add to your X plan description is the two variants of X Plan. You have described X Plan Partners, but there is also X Plan Friends and Neighbors. Ford employees and some Retirees (not dealer employess) are eligible to give out a certain number of X plan pins per year. This pins will result in the same price, but do not require any documentation other than the source of the plan.

BTW, I really miss my D Plans.... :(

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

-Marty

Forget the OTD numbers posted on here. There are way too many variants to make any comparison. Trade equity, tax credit on trade value, down payments, rebates that others will not qualify for, and every region differs in current offerings. Even if you bought in a region with better incentives, your incentives will still reflect those offered to the zipcode used on the purchase.

For instance, on my deal that I should be wrapping up today.... I have a $1250 FMCC RCL Rebate (this is because I am coming out of my Edge Lease and going into another Ford), and the $750 coupon that I received in the mail. This $2000 is something that the average person walking in would not get on top of all other incentives. So my OTD will reflect this.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Only thing to add to your X plan description is the two variants of X Plan. You have described X Plan Partners, but there is also X Plan Friends and Neighbors. Ford employees and some Retirees (not dealer employess) are eligible to give out a certain number of X plan pins per year. This pins will result in the same price, but do not require any documentation other than the source of the plan.

BTW, I really miss my D Plans.... :(

yeah that was from a ford website. The focus I just ordered is on the friends and family x-plan. roughly 2k under invoice by the time it is all said and done.

I went on Edmunds.com where they have this thing called "true market value" they put it at about a thousand more than I am paying.

Users who are viewing this thread