X plan pin

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm trying to trade in my mt82 2012 for a 2013 auto I wanted to know if anyone out there can get me an xplan pin to help me save some bucks!

Thanks

Picture related my current car

dejamuma.jpg

vortecd

Established Member
Sent you a PM but I think all you will find is '14's now. If you do find a new '13 they may give you a better deal then x-plan since the '14's have been out since March

Tispho

Established Member
dealerships hate doing x-plan due to the extra paperwork, they are more than willing to negotiate a price with you that is equivalent to or lower than x-plan price.

Torchy

Established Member
I have 6 2013 GT's in stock. I'll blow X-plan out. PM me if your serious

Torchy

Established Member
Rebates are region specific. Pretty much depends where you live but they are at a all time high for the 2013 at the moment.

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
dealerships hate doing x-plan due to the extra paperwork, they are more than willing to negotiate a price with you that is equivalent to or lower than x-plan price.

This was not the case when I bought my '04 cobra. I purchased it in Sept of '04 when ford was offering a $3,500 SVT rebate. I had to call around to find a dealer willing to give me X-plan plus the rebate, but I did find one with a brand new TR '04 cobra that was motivated to sell it to me! If I remember correctly, I ended up at around $32,000 when the deal was finalized.

I had to drive about an hour, but that was no biggie. My local dealer was trying to talk me into a black Mach1 they had. They would give me x-plan, but no SVT rebate, so it was almost the same price as my cobra. That dealer got kind of pissed when I told them I got the svt rebate on top of x-plan. :banana:

Torchy

Established Member
Touchy what dealer is it local?

PM sent

This was not the case when I bought my '04 cobra. I purchased it in Sept of '04 when ford was offering a $3,500 SVT rebate. I had to call around to find a dealer willing to give me X-plan plus the rebate, but I did find one with a brand new TR '04 cobra that was motivated to sell it to me! If I remember correctly, I ended up at around $32,000 when the deal was finalized.

I had to drive about an hour, but that was no biggie. My local dealer was trying to talk me into a black Mach1 they had. They would give me x-plan, but no SVT rebate, so it was almost the same price as my cobra. That dealer got kind of pissed when I told them I got the svt rebate on top of x-plan. :banana:

X-plan isn't that big of a hassle. I deal with them all the time.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

There is not that much "extra paperwork". The reason most try to match or beat X Plan (by $100) is so they can charge their normal "Doc Fee" that can be fairly high. With the plan, they are limited to charging $100 instead of their normal $495-$695+.

OP, I don't think the rebates are strong enough on the 13's to overcome the loss of 1 year in value over the 14's. All mustang sales have slowed with the anticipation of the 15', so waiting another month or two may get you a 14'.

In regards to your Xplan request, if you join the MCA (Mustang Club of America), I believe that you are instantly eligible for X plan and can generate a pin for your purchase.

Mikegee1028

Established Member
There is not that much "extra paperwork". The reason most try to match or beat X Plan (by $100) is so they can charge their normal "Doc Fee" that can be fairly high. With the plan, they are limited to charging $100 instead of their normal $495-$695+.

OP, I don't think the rebates are strong enough on the 13's to overcome the loss of 1 year in value over the 14's. All mustang sales have slowed with the anticipation of the 15', so waiting another month or two may get you a 14'.

In regards to your Xplan request, if you join the MCA (Mustang Club of America), I believe that you are instantly eligible for X plan and can generate a pin for your purchase.

I was going to do that my worry was there being a wait for it

TaraFirma

Established Member

That's crazy. I'be never paid anymore than $150 DOC fee. If I got into the finance office to find a $495 DOC fee I would walk out, or tell them to reduce the car another $500 to make up for it. I hate dealerships that try to pull this garbage.

Users who are viewing this thread