X-Pipes

Zevox

Established Member
I have just about decided what to do with rerunning my exhaust but I was unsure what X-pipe to go with. An off-road one is not an option since I have the FRPP tune. I plan to keep the stock over axle pipes and cut the resonators out and possibly replace them with some of the Magnaflow bullet mufflers to keep drone down.

The BBK seems to be a good fairly cheap choice and it is what I had pretty much decided to get. Then I saw the Bassani one. The X design on it looks more like a Magnaflow Tru-X than the BBK "here's two pipes welded together". Is there any reason why the Bassani would perform better with its different design? I'm sure it sounds different since it almost looks to have an H design, but not. Looking for any info to try to justify nearly double the price.

Edit- I just saw that the Bassani is 3" piping so I assume it won't hook up to stock 2.75" over axle pipes? Pretty bummed after I saw that, lol. What other options are there instead of the BBK that fit the stock over axles?

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
an xpipe wont give you any noticeable power gains unless its an offroad one. for sound it will change it a bit though. i think that the h sounds better anyways.

ridenfish39

Established Member
I've had the BBK x-pipe on my car for almost 2 years now, the last year with Jegs cat deletes. No leaks or problems....it's a decent part especially for the money.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
If would have to check on each one, from what I understand some are a 3" then tapers in a 2.75" at the end for direct fit. Some go 3" to 3"

vortecd

Established Member
The Ford motorsport is stainless and is 2.75". The stock H-pipe goes down to 2.25" for some reason that is why I changed mine. The Ford piece fit perfect

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
i have an UPR 3in ORX, with an updated tune it was NOTICEABLE kick in the butt for power

Zevox

Established Member
Do aftermarket cats require any sort of tune? I had not considered them since I figured it would bone my warranty in some weird way. Do aftermarket cats void your engine warranty?

Clipboard

Established Member
the oem cats are very efficient as is. Moving to a HFC will net you maybe 1-2 hp (if you plan on staying NA)? just get the bbk x pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread