X-pipes

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
I have an 03 Cobra with stock manifolds. I was thinking about getting a catted x-pipe. Are most catted x-pipes a direct fit replacement?

Thanks for the help.

Daniel

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
if your gonna stay catted....go with a bassani catted x pipe with borlas:beer:

Superman750

Part-Timer
Established Member
Yeah I was wanting to stay catted, and I have Borla Stinger weld ins with custom piping out the back. I was just wondering if I could drop my stock h our and put in a catted ex... it it literally just unbolting the h and rebolting the x? Or will I have do do some modification to it?

homer302

Banned
Magnaflow FTW! JK. I know what you are asking and yes, you can do this in your driveway with simple hand tools. Just be careful not to damage the O2 sensors. Everything is a plug in and I won't say never but very rarely is there even an issue with the CEL coming on. You should be fine and it will sound much better.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
magnaflow catted X and stingers here, sound great and perfect fit. Currently have the xpipe for sale, as i am changing my setup this holiday break.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I have the Magnaflow Catted X s well with the quiet Borla's.

I likethe quality better than the Bassani's I have installed because there is less fittings.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I bought a magnaflow catted xpipe and the "regular" magnaflow catback about 2 months ago on line from a place called hottexhaust.com. It was like $806 shipped to my door when they were running a special coupon code. super economical and the performance/sound is great

XFORDHATER

Established Member
I Have the UPR catted x pipe and love it. Fit is perfect with no scraping and sounds good with my Flowmaster catback. Save some bucks and go UPR.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
A side benefit of replacing the factory H with an aftermarket mid-pipe is weight savings. My Magnaflow catted X weighed 22 lbs less than OEM midpipe. That's significant.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
A side benefit of replacing the factory H with an aftermarket mid-pipe is weight savings. My Magnaflow catted X weighed 22 lbs less than OEM midpipe. That's significant.
Wow! I knew it was less but I never weighed them both to know the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread