X pipes for $135 shipped!

Pred_mech

Established Member

Pred_mech

Established Member
I read it. I always take someones impression of install difficulty with a grain of salt. I am a mechanic and sometimes certain jobs can be difficult for some and not others. I am always up for a challenge so we will see. I'll post up after the install. Read all the header install posts. Some think it was a nightmare while others do not.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The fact that mid is entirely one piece, I can see where it could go awry real quick if installing by yourself, as that review says. I'd rather have a broken up section like JBA offers.

D.T.R

Established Member
It's $135... BNIB and shipped..
I think i can deal with the fitment not being 100% perfect.
As long as it performs like every other 3" O/R midpipe... I'd buy it.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
It's $135... BNIB and shipped..
I think i can deal with the fitment not being 100% perfect.
As long as it performs like every other 3" O/R midpipe... I'd buy it.

ive dealt with draggin/sagging/shitty fitting midpipes as well as exhaust leaks from shitty parts before. Not doing it again especially on a $30K+ car...Some things are worth paying for...

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
ive dealt with draggin/sagging/shitty fitting midpipes as well as exhaust leaks from shitty parts before. Not doing it again especially on a $30K+ car...Some things are worth paying for...

Agreed. I'll pay the $ for a brand name/quality product.

Pred_mech

Established Member

BPatterson

Established Member
I don't believe it's the fitment that's the problem, it's the install since its all one piece. Once you finally get it, fitment should be fine.

acrbill

Established Member
Whats the big deal about it being one piece? I have installed and removed my Lethal H which is one piece (ships in 2 but stays clamped together) and would not have it any other way.

Remove stocker.
Slide clamps down the over axle pipes
Drop the bolts into the header flange and slip gasket on which will be held by bolts.
Put the front end of the pipe over the metal crossover piece
lift into position and guide the bolts into the holes on the XH pipe and start one nut on each side then the others.

Keep it loose and slid down to the back and get the pipes to line up and slide the clamps on and tighten them down enough to hold them in place.

slide forward and start tightening the bolts on the header flange. If the lock washers do their job you wont need to use a wrench on the bolt head if they spin just back in up with a wrench and tighten down.

Slide back down and fully tighten the clamp.

Done and done.

As for aluminized piping. I live in Chicago and mine is aluminized. However I take it off in the winter and my car sees as little salt as possible anyhow. Mine is painted with several layers of high temp paint and is touched up every sprint when I put it back in.

Fun4me

Established Member
Whats the big deal about it being one piece? I have installed and removed my Lethal H which is one piece (ships in 2 but stays clamped together) and would not have it any other way.

Remove stocker.
Slide clamps down the over axle pipes
Drop the bolts into the header flange and slip gasket on which will be held by bolts.
Put the front end of the pipe over the metal crossover piece
lift into position and guide the bolts into the holes on the XH pipe and start one nut on each side then the others.

Keep it loose and slid down to the back and get the pipes to line up and slide the clamps on and tighten them down enough to hold them in place.

slide forward and start tightening the bolts on the header flange. If the lock washers do their job you wont need to use a wrench on the bolt head if they spin just back in up with a wrench and tighten down.

Slide back down and fully tighten the clamp.

Done and done.

As for aluminized piping. I live in Chicago and mine is aluminized. However I take it off in the winter and my car sees as little salt as possible anyhow. Mine is painted with several layers of high temp paint and is touched up every sprint when I put it back in.
That seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through every year. Does anyone make a SS O/R H?

Fun4me

Established Member
Thanks OP. I picked up the SS one for $260, but I was able to pay with my creditcard miles which would have been worth $160 cash or $320 of crappy giftcards. Seemed like a decent deal. I was looking for a O/R H, but it seems like nobody makes a SS one.

Users who are viewing this thread