X-Pipe

1999redcobra

Cobra
Established Member
I have a 1999 cobra with stock manifolds, and a BBK catted x pipe. I would like to do an offroad X but don't know what that all entails. I have a friend with a offroad X from a 2003 Would that work? What is all needed to do offroad X? thanks

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
it'll bolt up then later your MIL light will illuminate w/ rear 02 sensor codes. You'll need a custom tune or MIL eliminator to remove it.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I don't trust MIL eliminators ever since I had one catch on fire. Go with a tune to turn off the rear o2's.

VtekII

Established Member
I have a 1999 cobra with stock manifolds, and a BBK catted x pipe. I would like to do an offroad X but don't know what that all entails. I have a friend with a offroad X from a 2003 Would that work? What is all needed to do offroad X? thanks

i had the UPR offroad xpipe on my car and it sounded pretty mean. do u still have the magnaflow cb on there? make sure you get a tru x like either a magnaflow or a UPR. otherwise i guess theyre pretty raspy.

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
just install it and then expect the CEL light to turn on. Not really a big deal just annoying to look at. Then buy a tuner to turn it off when ever you want. I installed splice in MIL's but they didn't work, so I am currently saving my pennies for a tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread