x-pipe

Bad01SVT

Established Member
Hey fellas, I think that I have decided to put some headers on my 01. Since I blew up the motor, and have to pull it out anyway. I am going to go with Hooker SS long tubes. I was wondering what x-pipe to use? It needs to be ss. And sound good with the SLP Loud Mouth Cat-Back. Which is already installed. Also to you that have pulled your motors out of your cars did you pull it from the top? Or did you take it out from the bottom? I am not really sure what to do. Also just forgot it needs to be catted because I already got a heafty ticket for just the cat back.

Thanks for the help,
Later,

Dan

P.S. For those of you that read my last thread about how I blew up the motor and how tight money is. Because of the baby on the way, she just had her this afternoon. Just thought you might like to know :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

green99_svt

Established Member
congrats on the new baby.
your engine can come out top or bottom if ou have a lift and the means to do it i would drop out the bottom as the headers can go up at the same time.
on the flip side if you do it from the top the headers probably need to go in seperate.
as far as the x if you go with the hookers a ss x will need to be custom made as they do not offer a x in ss and the other brands wont fit.

Bad01SVT

Established Member
Thanks everybody. What other options do I have? What would be a good sub for the ss. I would like it to all be the same but I think I could live with it. What should I do????

Thanks,

Dan

green99_svt

Established Member
i have the hooker headers and their mathing x the x is just not stainless but its only $120 so if it falls off wich is unlikely since it is aluminized ill just buy another one

Bad01SVT

Established Member
Is it catted? I am not sure what I might run into with that since the cops already pulled me over for the SLP Loud Mouth Cat-Back. I guess that part of me just wants it to all be the same. But it really doesn't have to. Hopefully it will only get driven in the rain. But it might get driven in the snow. It already has a bit but I keep it clean. When the motor is not blown up.

Thanks,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread