X pipe...what one?

staticki

Established Member
So there are two local people selling x pipes for about the same price. One is a Pypes off road xpipe that is brand new. The other is a Bassani with cats and 1 off road tube (the other is missing and will need to be replaced). What pipe is the better one to get and will sound the best overall?:shrug:

Loudness is no issue to me.

Current power mods
2.93 pulley, jlt cai, and a flowmaster catback

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Bassani is a better piece but from the sound of the one you are describing I would go with the Pypes. It will be considerably louder with the Pypes O/R.

With the Flowmaster cat-back the Pypes will sound sick.

Last edited:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
If you don't get the Bassani pipe feel free to PM me the seller's contact info...I've been looking for one new or used.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
The Pypes will sound the best, the Bassani is a very nice piece but being it is a chambered X and not a true X it tends to be raspy sounding.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Bassani...I run bassani catted x and have the delete tubes, but it sounds terrific with the cats and borla stingers...I need to post a lclip when I get some time...

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
do i need o2 extenders for the pypes x?

If you are going with an off road pipe then you'll need MILS and if you get a catted pipe you will only need extenders if you have a 2004, the CC placement is different on the factory H pipes for the 03 and 04's.

staticki

Established Member
If you are going with an off road pipe then you'll need MILS and if you get a catted pipe you will only need extenders if you have a 2004, the CC placement is different on the factory H pipes for the 03 and 04's.

Not worried so much about the MILS as i am getting tuned in a couple weeks and dont want to throw the extra cash down the drain. Also, since this is a catless x i wont need the extenders or were you just saying a catless pipe will need both?

Users who are viewing this thread