X-pipe vs H-pipe

2003 Silver

Banned
Originally posted by geepaw
the only thing that keeps me from going with the MRT right now is that I believe they use magnaflow cats & I can get the x-pipe maggy for a lot less....decisions decisions

You are correct.....MRT H uses Magnaflow cats.

2003 Silver

Banned
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: X-pipe vs H-pipe

Originally posted by cobra4v
I going to leave the magnaflow catted X-pipe on for the time being. I am going to do what CobraBob did...get use to the sound. If I were to swap it out..I would get the MRT catted h-pipe.

Why settle for something you don't like??

SaleenShelby

Established Member
Thanks everyone,
I currently have the X-pipe and a friend of mine has the H-pipe. So I am going to get a ride with him and see what sound I like best. My car now has an echo sound to it. I always thought it was the mufflers, but now I think it is the combination of the pipe and mufflers. Will the long tube headers have a huge impact on the sound? Besides just getting louder. Thanks for the responses.

11secCobra

Way2Fast4These LS1 guys
Established Member
Originally posted by Cougar S-281E
Thanks everyone,
I currently have the X-pipe and a friend of mine has the H-pipe. So I am going to get a ride with him and see what sound I like best. My car now has an echo sound to it. I always thought it was the mufflers, but now I think it is the combination of the pipe and mufflers. Will the long tube headers have a huge impact on the sound? Besides just getting louder. Thanks for the responses.

just cruising around, part throttle, no. but when you get on it that baby will scream!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread