X-pipe tuning question

Jroc

Established Member
If you add an aftermarket O/R x-pipe do you need to get your car tuned for it, or will just adding the MIL eliminators to get ride of the service engine light be fine?

I really don't want to add a new mid-pipe right now because I would like to add some Kooks L/T's and x-pipe in the not so distant future, but everytime I run my motor over say 4,000 rpms I get this really weird smell that come into my cabin and lingers for about 20 or 30 seconds. I think I have that skunk smell caused by clogged factory cats, I can't think of what else it could be. At first I thought it might be my clutch but it really doesn't smell like it, and I could be going 40 mph in third and just roll onto it and when it reaches a high rpm it started to produce the smell. I don't want to spend alot of money fixing this right now because as I said I would like to upgrade father in the future, but I need to get this fixed because I don't want to burn up a piston or something.

What is ya'lls opinions on this. Can you think of something else it could be. Also I think about a UPR O/R X-pipe.
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pa...ad-x-pipe-no-cats-includes-02-extensions.html

These descriptions sound to me like the same thing I'm experiancing.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335351&highlight=smell

03zycobra

Established Member
You will not need a tune. Mill eliminators should work. With a Magnaflow catback you should consider a Mac Prochamber. Sounds better IMO.

Jroc

Established Member
You will not need a tune. Mill eliminators should work. With a Magnaflow catback you should consider a Mac Prochamber. Sounds better IMO.

Thanks, I thought it would but wanted to be sure. :thumbsup:

I've been listening to sound clips to try and deside between a O/R X-pipe or O/R Prochamber. I've always liked how prochambers sound on 5 liter Mustangs.

Users who are viewing this thread