x-pipe questions

sam23

i have a flowmaster catback system on my 03 cobra, what brand of offroad xpipe should i run? i.e. An expensive bassani ss or a low priced upr aluminum one?

Do i have to buy mil elims if i have a predator tuner or can i cut the o2 sensors off with the tuner?

Fast Willy

Established Member
I love my bassani w/out cats. I have flowmaster mufflers welded in right now and it sounds great. I am going to switch to a 3" system soon though.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Get a Dr. Gas.....they sound wicked with Flows. Most X pipes sound like ass with flows...but the Dr. Gas for some reason sounds really good.

adamb258

Established Member
96stanggt said:
Get a Dr. Gas.....they sound wicked with Flows. Most X pipes sound like ass with flows...but the Dr. Gas for some reason sounds really good.

:thumbsup:

sam23

just put on the upr offroad xpipe the other day and it sounds good until wot and sounds like a tin can with way too much rattle. I took it to the exhaust shop to see if it was leaking or needed to be welded and they said no. Help please, i'm almost embarrassed to get on it.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Thats what ya get for o/r.... I avoided this sound on my 97 by buying a ruined catted Bassani x and gutting the cats. Took all the rattling/raspy sound out. Loved it after that.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
Thats what ya get for o/r.... I avoided this sound on my 97 by buying a ruined catted Bassani x and gutting the cats. Took all the rattling/raspy sound out. Loved it after that.

What are you talking about??? So you paid the extra for a catted pipe...then gutted it making it an off-road pipe?????? That's why I said get a Dr. Gas....most X pipes sound like that with flows. With the exception of Dr. Gas....it isn't because it's an off-road pipe, its the way the exhaust gases crossover.

sam23

where are some good places to get a dr gas or something reasonably priced from that will sound good???

my options look like:
dr gas o/r x
mrt o/r h
mac proch o/r h

looks like the dr gas is less or could i just go with a mac o/r h (not proch)?

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Listen to some sound clips first before you buy another pipe you don't like.....if it's possible try to hear them in person.

Users who are viewing this thread