X pipe question

eaglesnick

Established Member
Do differant x-pipes make different sounds? I have Magnaflow cat-back and am looking to do the x-pipe w/cats, will a Magnaflow x-pipe sound different than say a Bassani or SLP x-pipe with the Magnaflow cat-back? Any insight would be helpful. Thanks

99SVTAddict

Established Member
I would say yes....I say this because on an H pipe setup depending on where the cross over is at, it changes the sound.

MikeW

Established Member
I have a Steeda (made by Magnaflow) catted x pipe on my 03 with the Borla Stinger CB. My buddy has an 03 with the Bassanni CB and catted xpipe and his drone is much worse than mine. We put my x pipe on his car with the Bassanni CB and the drone factor was way different. He is now in th market for a different x pipe. His X pipe was from his 01 Cobra so that may make some difference I 'm not sure.... The newer Bassanni X pipes may have better cats I hear..

Good Luck

MikeW

Established Member
Steeda use to use Bassani for their x pipe but they had too many problems with the cats that Bassani was using at the time.... I think Bassanni fixed them on the new versios of their x pipes though.

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
The Bassani X's sound different than say a Dr. Gas, or even Magnaflow X. The Bassani is almost a chambered X, where the Dr. Gas is a true X. Go to MustangExhaust.com and listen to some of the clips, you will hear a noticeable difference between the style of X's.

Users who are viewing this thread