x-pipe or prochamber

silvrbullit04

Established Member
My x-pipe was recently damaged and i havent decided if i want to fix it or not. It needs the flanges replaced. Ive been thinking about getting a prochamber. What do you guys think about that? Will i notice a difference in power and sound? If anyone has any sounds clips please post them up! I have a flowmaster c/b.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
dunno about major differences but I am going catted prochamber due to the reviews I've read here with the SLP LM1 I currently have.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have the catless HTS coated pro chamber and would say to just fix you X pipe. My pro chamber hangs down super low so I scrape on everything. The sound to me is almost like a big exhaust leak in the center of the car. Just my opinion though.

04torchred

Established Member
03yllwguy said:
I have the catless HTS coated pro chamber and would say to just fix you X pipe. My pro chamber hangs down super low so I scrape on everything. The sound to me is almost like a big exhaust leak in the center of the car. Just my opinion though.

That is weird, I have the o/r prochamber with Mac LT and mine is tucked up nice. I did push it up the entire time when I was installing it so I didn't have it droop.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Yeah, I tried several manuevers but no avail. It's only low one side though. But for the price, it's not too big of a deal...

moonltgold

Prochamber. Last year there was a Mustang magazine testing the x-pipes -- Bassani, Magnaflow, etc. vs. stock, and the Pro came out a little ahead with hp and tq.

Users who are viewing this thread