X Pipe or Catback?

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
I want to pick up some horses and sound, but do not want to do both the catback and the X pipe as I am in the car all day and I need to hear myself on the cell phone.

I am in between a catback and stock H or putting in a X and leaving the stock catback.

Which of the two do you think will provide the most power?

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
I think most of the exhaust restriction is in the mufflers so the cat back would probably give you better numbers and will make the most difference in sound as well.
Is your car stock?

I see you joined recently, welcome to the best Mustang Site online.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I think the mid-pipe is the bigger bottleneck. If I had to pick one or the other for power, I'd go with the mid.

btw... I have the Maggie catted X and MagnaFlow catback and there is no drone. Not too much louder than stock until you get on it. No raspiness with this mid either.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Thanks guys for your response. I am planning on the Magnaflow catback and yes I did hear from someone else also that the catted magna X is not too loud and worth some horses.

Car is stock with a JLT (non fenderwell) but I have the 2.8 pulley, belt and idler which are going on Monday, as I am picking up my Predator today!

This is my seventh Stang, but first SVT. I just gave up my Jag X Type 3.0 sport with a 5 speed and my 98 GT with a PI Vortech for this car and it is such a great combination of both and I am spending less money!

I am also a Moderator on Southfloridastangs.net. If any of you live in South Florida we have great meets, shows, races, etc.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Thanks guys for your response. I am planning on the Magnaflow catback and yes I did hear from someone else also that the catted magna X is not too loud and worth some horses.

Car is stock with a JLT (non fenderwell) but I have the 2.8 pulley, belt and idler which are going on Monday, as I am picking up my Predator today!

This is my seventh Stang, but first SVT. I just gave up my Jag X Type 3.0 sport with a 5 speed and my 98 GT with a PI Vortech for this car and it is such a great combination of both and I am spending less money!

I am also a Moderator on Southfloridastangs.net. If any of you live in South Florida we have great meets, shows, races, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread