X-pipe Modded to H-pipe Anyone?

Tractionless1

Established Member
I read a post by one member who has done the mod. and likes it. I am talking of an X-pipe (uncatted) with a cross pipe welded in to help with the raspyness. It would in effect be an XH pipe or visa versa.

Has anyone else done it? Any negatives anyone can think of? He welded it between the X and transmission and wrapped the pipe to prevent any additonal heat from being transfered to the trans. Any reason why it shouldn't be added after the X?

Thanks

moonltgold

There was a guy (Shawn was his name I think, from TX), that did an H behind an X a few years ago. It was in the same place as with the FR500 X catback system, i.e. he cut into and welded an H at the closest point where the left and right tailpipes come almost together. Never heard how that sounds. The possible downsides to that location are that 1) now the the sides of the catback are fused together, making them harder to remove or adjust; and 2) more importantly, there are additional heat issues near your diff as well as maybe clearnace issues because you have too much going on in that area heatwise. I think the H pipe up front (under the tranny) is more effective and makes more sense.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Thanks I'll give it a whirl and let everyone know how it turns out. It will be about a month or so though. :(

Shot in the dark but any exhaust clips of this setup?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread