X-Pipe Installed, New Tune Required??

Wildman113

Established Member
I just installed a Magnaflow Catted X-pipe with the spun metallic cats on my '04 Cobra.

The car was previously tuned by Horsepower by Hermann with the intake, magnaflow catback, and 2.76" pulley.

Looking for advice from some veteran tuners here - will the x-pipe cause the A/F ratios to go more towards the lean side due to better exhaust flow?? Boost should drop slightly, but the volume of air entering the engine should remain the same. Just wondering if this mod will require a new dyno tune, which I would rather not do unless its necessary.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
No it will not. You'd still even be fine if you went off road. It actually will be a hair richer, not much but a tiny bit. You'll see a very minimal drop in boost if any at all. Switching from a catted midpipe to an off road mid will cause about a 1psi drop in boost. You'll be fine, no worries! :beer:

Wildman113

Established Member
No it will not. You'd still even be fine if you went off road. It actually will be a hair richer, not much but a tiny bit. You'll see a very minimal drop in boost if any at all. Switching from a catted midpipe to an off road mid will cause about a 1psi drop in boost. You'll be fine, no worries! :beer:

Thanks, thats what I was thinking, since the supercharger displacement & RPM are a constant, as is the air intake system. Just wanted to double check with some of the more experienced tuners though :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread