X-pipe install

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I just installed my Stingers, and they sounds bad ass, just not loud enough. I'm looking at a Magnaflow O/R X-pipe. How difficult is the install? Do I need anything special? What are o2 extensions? Do I need these?

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
if you have the stock exhaust manifolds you will need a reducer. Other than that, pretty straight forward.

moonltgold

Didn't need reducers -- it's a straight install. Get new gasket though (right-side only of course). Don't need 02 extensions for an '03, only on a 2004 because the rear cats sit back farther.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
Didn't need reducers -- it's a straight install. Get new gasket though (right-side only of course). Don't need 02 extensions for an '03, only on a 2004 because the rear cats sit back farther.

With a Magnaflow X? How in the hell did you pull that off? Mine leaked horribly and there are a TON of guys that use the reducer on here because it leaked on there cars too. I have had a least a half dozen people pm me and ask where they could get one.

Last edited:

TomballGuy05

Established Member
I called an exhaust shop today to see if they had any in stock and they said it's a $10,000 fine to drive around with no cats and a $50,000 fine for them to install it...any truth to this? There has to be something he forgot to mention, I don't believe everyone with an O/R X is risking a $10k fine. Is this just an Alaska thing?

moonltgold

It is a federal law and state law violation (in every state) to have no cats. In CA it can be a $7,000-8,000 fine although I don't know anybody that ever got caught. Then again, nobody is going to a state-approved exhaust shop. Most people do it themselves or know a mechanic (not exhaust shop) that can do it and he doesn't have an exhaust installer state license to worry about. Just do it yourself -- rent a lift somewhere or jack it up.

KILRSVT

Established Member
unless the car is massively loud you wont get pulled over unless you draw attention to yourself. i have head of people having to go to the referee station but the funny thing is the referee is not in business due to the lack of funding due to the economy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread