X-Pipe install

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
Yeah its easy bro. Do you have headers or no?

If you don't have LT headers you will probably have 4 O2 sensors on your pipe. You will need to take the old sensors off of your H-Pipe (Or whatever you have) and put them onto your X Pipe.

Jack the car and use jackstands to keep it up. This is a non-invasive procedure so being on your back won't be that bad. Unplug all the O2 sensors before you start yankin bolts. You will need to remove 8 bolts if I'm not mistaken. There should be two bolts on each flange joining the midpipe to other areas of the exhaust. Two at each exhaust manifold, and two at each catback pipe. Unbolt the old pipe, unscrew the O2 sensors and reinstall onto X Pipe, then put the 8 bolts back in.

Plug in 02 sensors and start it up to check for leaks. Any questions, let me know.

Last edited:

svt2ner

Established Member
What he said above is pretty much it. Need extensions too. Except on rare occassion the passenger side manifold bolts break, then youre hitting yourself on the head and wished you paid 40 bucks for someone to do it. I actually bent mine somehow and was fun getting them out.

Anyway Ive found I can never get a good seal if the cars on jackstands, lift is 10x easier.

Last edited:

xenodragon

Established Member
Yeah its easy bro. Do you have headers or no?

If you don't have LT headers you will probably have 4 O2 sensors on your pipe. You will need to take the old sensors off of your H-Pipe (Or whatever you have) and put them onto your X Pipe.

Jack the car and use jackstands to keep it up. This is a non-invasive procedure so being on your back won't be that bad. Unplug all the O2 sensors before you start yankin bolts. You will need to remove 8 bolts if I'm not mistaken. There should be two bolts on each flange joining the midpipe to other areas of the exhaust. Two at each exhaust manifold, and two at each catback pipe. Unbolt the old pipe, unscrew the O2 sensors and reinstall onto X Pipe, then put the 8 bolts back in.

Plug in 02 sensors and start it up to check for leaks. Any questions, let me know.

No headers, and i have the 02 extenders

bmxer89

Established Member
What he said above is pretty much it. Need extensions too. Except on rare occassion the passenger side manifold bolts break, then youre hitting yourself on the head and wished you paid 40 bucks for someone to do it. I actually bent mine somehow and was fun getting them out.

Anyway Ive found I can never get a good seal if the cars on jackstands, lift is 10x easier.

I jsut did the same thing on the drivers what did you do?

Teethy

0S0SL0
Established Member
That sounds like a pain in the ass for real. I'd try VISE Grips on both sides of the bolt. Never had that happen... Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread