X pipe install...pass side flange ???

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
I intalled my offroad bassani x pipe this weekend...and was a little suprised with the pass side collector (x pipe > manifold) is there supposed to be any gasket in there? was not expecting it to be flat to flat if that makes sense.
Im getting what sounds like an exhast leak on the pass side (but only under moderate accel)... I took it to my local exhaust shop...and they are saying they hear a very very slight leak but at the manifold flange. I just dont see how that could happen...all I did was install the x pipe... wasn't like I wailed on the manifold...stock came off real easy...bassini went on even easier.

projectslideway

Established Member
yea... mine had a gasket... don't get a universal gasket just man up and get one from ford. The ford gasket has little tangs that hold the gasket in place making it a million times easier to install.

Helomech74

Established Member
Yes, it's supposed to have a gasket. Get the one from Ford as already stated. It's like 10-12 bucks or so.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
i've reused my stock gasket before. just put a couple of small strips of duct tape from the inside to the outside to hold it together. It will work just fine. I have also been called a tight @33 before though.

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
get the gasket. anytime you ever take the pipe off, get a new one. hell, everyone should have a spare one around so when they work on their cars its already in the tool box

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
did it have a bunch of orange junk all around the flange? ive seen several people use copper gasket maker, it works, but i would rather do it right and be done

VEGASbabyVEGAS

I }> MY HONDA
Established Member
did it have a bunch of orange junk all around the flange? ive seen several people use copper gasket maker, it works, but i would rather do it right and be done

No...it had nothing...a very small trace of something silver in color very uniform. on the down pipe itself...thats it. Its got a gob of copper now though:nonono Im on my way to pickup the correct gasket now... The copper was a bad ideal...my back was killing me and I wanted the thing done.

ARdoller

Established Member
yea... mine had a gasket... don't get a universal gasket just man up and get one from ford. The ford gasket has little tangs that hold the gasket in place making it a million times easier to install.

or just get a universal gasket, and use rubber bands to hold it in place. the rubber bands will burn off after while anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread