x pipe instalation questions

cSoVbTr0a1

Established Member
I have a o/r magnaflow x pipe in the mail and will be here tuesday. Want it installed as soon as i can, but dont wanna pay a shop to install it. What all do i need to install it at home? Any tips? Thanks

cSoVbTr0a1

Established Member
Whad yall do to get under the car as far as jakcing the car up, ive got pretty much everyhting besides a lift, jsut wondering what the best way is with what ive got.

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
If you're just installing an X-pipe you can probably get by with jacking up the front end as high as possible (jack location under the k-member section). Or, you can place all 4 corners on jackstands and tackle the project that way (more convenient if you are also installing a catback at the same time). Just make sure you have the necessary ground clearance - have fun!

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
If it is an off road pipe you will want to get the MIL eliminators or have the rear O2 sensors turned off with a custom tune. I ran a catted Magnaflow X-Pipe for a year without any check engine light issues but I don't think you will get away with that with no cats.

When putting it back on, get it in place but don't tighten the bolts. Start at the passenger side first and tighten those two bolts first, making sure to get the pipe flat with the gasket and manifold. After that the rest of the connections are the ball socket type and will seal even if they are off a smidgen. This should prevent any leaks in that area. Also use a new Ford gasket there, it is worth the extra $10.

Users who are viewing this thread