X-pipe - H-pipe - Prochamber - whats the differences except sound?

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
I'm gonna say the prochamber is the best all around mid-pipe. My next setup and hopefully final setup will be longtubes, prochamber, spintech catback.

dalamar_96

Established Member
I just did Prochamber (catless) on my 96 - along with ported heads & cams. Had Roush side exit mufflers. It's dam loud. it sounds sweet off ldle and awsome from 3000 up. Kinda drones at 2000, I dont like that too much. I just did it few weeks ago & havent decided if it's too loud.

Side exit pipes are right in your ear - When I'm on it, I cant even here the passanger side with the windows down. But if you dont have side exit pipes, that won't mean much to you, so nevermind.

H pipe will sound good with stock exhaust manifolds. X pipe sounds better with hedders I think. X pipe flows a little better (like 5 HP or less), but kinda pops alot on the stock exhaust manifold. It's a personal preferance but I dont quite like the poping sound. It also depends on how loud your mufflers are.

The prochamber is like an x pipe and an h pipe inside a resinator box thingie. Thats the unofficial explanation. We were looking inside mine with a mirror and that kinda explains it. Sort of. But it definately has a unique sound. The sound will change with the muffler you pick.

Cost wise. : Low/mid pirced system - isn't pretty but works good and sounds good. Mac or BBK

If you want the best (stainless) very good quality, vey good fit, kinda expensive check: Bassani or SLP.

Hope that answers your question.

Users who are viewing this thread