X Pipe - H Pipe Or Stock?

mellow yellow

Established Member
SEARCH Is not WORKING, so heres the ? i have magna catback and cai and am getting the pulley and tune soon. i want to get a mid pipe first . maybe catted magna h pipe?

1. is it worth $500 big ones
2.do you lose boost ?
3.what kind of power to expect?

2003 Silver

Banned
You mean Magnaflow catted x, correct?? I have the Magnaflow cb and just got the catted x.....good increase on the top end...semi exotic exhaust note that I wasn't sure I liked at first...but have since fallen for it....sounds really good!!

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I got my magnaflow catted x-pipe from www.ninosport.com for 420.00 shipping included. E-mail them and say your a member on this board. You can also pm him..his screen name is NINO. I did not lose any boost with the magnaflow catted X. You should get anywhere from 8-15 rwhp with this mod.

mellow yellow

Established Member
hey thanks for all info and yes i did mean catted x not the H.
how exotic? is it raspy? or deep ? i went to the exhaust web site and that clip was not working . the reason i'm asking so many ?s is that i bought a bbk off road x and it sounded way way way to loud, like an old v8 with just headers.

hj16

Established Member
The Catted X gives it a smooth, mellow exhaust note.... gains will be around 7-10rwhp..... but definately worth it.

The off road X will give it a more raspy note... kind of F1-ish..... gaines of 8-12rwhp... but then again its ALOT louder, and wont pass emissions.

2003 Silver

Banned
Originally posted by mellow yellow
hey thanks for all info and yes i did mean catted x not the H.
how exotic? is it raspy? or deep ? i went to the exhaust web site and that clip was not working . the reason i'm asking so many ?s is that i bought a bbk off road x and it sounded way way way to loud, like an old v8 with just headers.

Did you go on Magnaflows site......they have sound clips of the Magnaflow cb with the catted ...

2004COBRA

Established Member
I just installed the Borla Stinger catback on my o4 Cobra. It sounds good, but not loud enough for me. I will be buying a MRT Off-road H-pipe soon!!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread