X-pipe, catback, & CAI....will I need a Chip???

AFJsvt

Established Member
Ready to get into some performance mods. :D
I plan on running a bassani o/r X(DMP MIL), magnaflow catback, & a densecharger. No pulley mods. Will I need to chip the car?

Opinions on other brands are welcomed!! Thanks!

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
You will not need a chip with those mods, the car will run just fine. However, to get the most out of your mods, you will need a good dynotune.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
No you will not need a chip for those mods, those are "breathing" mods. If you get a pulley you will need a chip to tune the air/fuel ratio. But a chip can still help but i wouldnt waste your money if you are not getting a pulley.

03DOHC

Established Member
Another vote for not needing a chip with those mods. Instead of the DC I would get a straight type open element filter. PHP, AR, or just a powerstack or K&N on the end of the MAF, but there are many differing opinions on CAI's.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Opinions? MagnaFlow Tru-X Crossover Pipe #93335 + Borla Stinger Cat-Back System #140052. Grab yourself a Predator and a good tune to further lean out your A/F for maximum power and potential :) .

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by AFJsvt
Ready to get into some performance mods. :D
I plan on running a bassani o/r X(DMP MIL), magnaflow catback, & a densecharger. No pulley mods. Will I need to chip the car?

Opinions on other brands are welcomed!! Thanks!

Suggest Steeda or AIRBOX (see sig) over the DC and go all Bassani on the exhaust. I ran around on that combo for 10000 miles. 417RWHP 400RWTQ. I had cats in though.

....or don't waste all that time driving around below potential like I did. PULLEY/PREDATOR NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm partial to the Magnaflow catted X-pipe, Steeda catback and Steeda intake. I tried the Densecharger but didn't like it. :)

Orange Poison

Established Member
Originally posted by 2F2F
Opinions? MagnaFlow Tru-X Crossover Pipe #93335 + Borla Stinger Cat-Back System #140052. Grab yourself a Predator and a good tune to further lean out your A/F for maximum power and potential :) .

This sounds like an excellent idea....now if someone would get me one for Christmas....:-D

loose nut

Sofa King Fast
Established Member
My experience is with: K&N Aircharger, Magnaflow offroad X-pipe and catbacks. Kicked ass "as installed"...you'll like it.

But it really came to life when I added the Predator Sport tune.:thumbsup:

Steel City Pimp

Established Member
You wont need a tune whether its via flash or chip but you would benefit from one if you did. If your not going to pulley for a while or ever than I would say it would be worth it to get the tune.

Users who are viewing this thread