X or H pipe

• H pipe

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • X pipe

Votes: 47 60.3%

• Total voters

Cobra'03

Established Member
Maybe we will need a new expression - whenever a MACabee or a MagnaFlow-er stomps a Bassani car, you could say you had your bASSani handed to you!

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Just got to be Bassani, the sound, oh lordy the sound!

Like a chorus of angels singing.......

.......... really throaty angels .............

.........big deep bass bad ass growling throaty angels.............

......especially powerful sounding, superbly toned, drone to a minimum, deliciously resonant, surprisingly robust, big deep bass bad ass growling throaty angels........

Yeah, something like that........:lol:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
Ok, So everyone likes their bassani. Does anyone have an answer to my question though? Is bassani going to offer an H pipe, and if they did, what would be the differences between the two?

:shrug:
You should send an e-mail here --->fullthrottleperformance They are a Bassani dealer.

Last edited:

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
this is the really basic answer. The H-pipe is better with low end power and the x-pipe is for high rpm power.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
H-pipes have been around for years and the stock pipes on Mustangs are H-pipes. I first saw X-pipes for Mustangs around 93, correct me if I am wrong. The only substantial difference between the two is they sound a little different. H-pipes are easier to make and usually provide more of a lug exhaust note. X-pipes have more of a NASCAR sound and theoretically provide a better equalization point before the rear exhaust even though I really have not seen any real numbers that substantiate this has any real effect on power except that they change the torque curve.

Here is an article on H and X pipes.
5-30-02 - Power Struggle: H vs. X Tech Article is online!

lifter213

Established Member
If i remember correctly an X pipe works better with a free flowing exhaust like Bassani, Magnaflow, or Borla. And a H pipe is for chambered exhausts like Flowmaster etc.

david smilovic

Established Member
I found X-Pipes with no or low flow cats /H pipe with. cats specially HI-Flow. Also found in genaral X-pipes work over a diverse rpm range on motors with forced induction,I dont believe the Cobra tested was blown.BE Fast and EZ. Dave S.

scott

Established Member
kinda funny, i currently have an old mac h pipe on the 03 and today, i am installing a bassani x pipe. i will report the sotp difference in power and can report actual sound difference. i think i will prefer the x.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
An H produces slightly more bottom end, sub 4k rpm, the X loses a bit below that, gains some above.

The H makes a deeper boomier sound, while the X is higher pitched. In terms of overall decibel levels, the X is generally quieter.

Its a personal preference, I like the H in most cases.

My favorite X is the Magnaflow True X, or a Dr. Gas. The Bassani is an "X'd" H. It's not really either.

Users who are viewing this thread