X files 2 review (no spoilers)

nate

Established Member
I went to see the new X files movie Sunday night. It was pretty good, but if you are expecting any of the gov't conspiracy to be discussed, you will be disappointed. For those who don't remember, the series ended with Mulder being on the run after being sentenced to death by the government. I won't spoil how he gets out of trouble, but it was kind of weak for X files. But I guess they really just wanted to make a stand alone thriller in the spirit of the X files. If you don't care about the X files story arc, and just like creepy movies, you will really enjoy it. But if you are looking for a movie to tie up all of the loose ends involving the alien story line, then go see it anyways.( it has been stated by C.C. and David D. that a 3rd movie will be made wrapping up all the loose ends of the X files if this movie can turn a profit.) As an X files fan that owns the first movie and season's 1-7(8 and 9 don't exist to me), I would give it a B. I might have reviewed it higher, but unfortunately I saw the Dark Knight a couple of days before, so I might be a little biased on what a summer blockbuster should be. But in the X files defense, Dark Knight budget: $185 mill, X files: $30 mill. Overall, go see the movie, and wait past the credits for a little movie extra.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
thanks for the review. Not a huge x-files guy but liked what i saw generally. Might have to go see it.

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
I will have to let the Dark Knight euphoria cool off first before I attempt to go see anything else.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
l absolutely loved the old storyline, the smoking man, etc. etc. i don't know if i can talk the wife into seeing this one, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread