X-cal 3 marrying problem

mr.magic

Established Member
I purchased a NIB SCT X-cal3 a while back and can't seem to get it connected to the car. Currently I do have a SCT chip on the ecu so could that be the problem? I've been trying to get re-tuned for mths now and this is 1 of many issues that just keep popping up stopping me from getting this car in descent shape. I really need to get the SCT married ASAP so I can datalog and try to narrow down some issues:bash:.

mr.magic

Established Member
Well that effin sucks and I thought as much. Not like I can just pull the chip and go driving around lol.

Any way I can pull the tune off the chip and load it into the X cal?

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
Well that effin sucks and I thought as much. Not like I can just pull the chip and go driving around lol.

Any way I can pull the tune off the chip and load it into the X cal?

Have Brooks send you a base tune, just to get the other issues worked out on the base tune and to drive the car to him for dyno

mr.magic

Established Member
I would but I don't know what the problem is so I really can't get tuned till I figure out what's wrong. If I could get a datalog while its acting up that will help me find a solution.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I know, but he can send you a base tune for you to load into the xcal so you can pull the chip out lol, then just take it easy on the car while your figuring out the issues.

mr.magic

Established Member
Not a bad idea but I need a few WOT pulls to see what's going on. As you can attest to its qiute litterly spitting fuel out the pipes and now its also hesitating real bad when I stab the throttle.

Blk4V00GT

Established Member
I'm sure your wot pulls won't be any different as they are now with your garbage tune lol, plus you can datalog a couple part throttle pulls before going wot.

Honestly you may not like the idea but probably your only option to datalog

hotcobra03

Established Member
I would but I don't know what the problem is so I really can't get tuned till I figure out what's wrong. If I could get a datalog while its acting up that will help me find a solution.

just a question about his reply here...

why cant he just datalog without getting married?

is this an sct thing,cause i have a predator and can datalog other cars without being married...

been reading alot of threads with sct problems,,,...

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
You can't datalog with an x2 or x3 with a chip plugged in. Just the way it works. There are "super secret ways" around this, but I decline to divulge any info on this...lol

Park the car, remove the chip, send the chip to the tuner, they should have the ability to "read" the tune on the chip, they can create a .cef or .ll3 file of the exact same tune and email it to you same day...... Program your x3, flash the car, and you're running again. AND from this point, you can now datalog and report any issues to your tuner. If you're tuner can't provide this help/service, PM me, I can find you a same-day solution.

hotcobra03

Established Member
You can't datalog with an x2 or x3 with a chip plugged in. Just the way it works. There are "super secret ways" around this, but I decline to divulge any info on this...lol

Park the car, remove the chip, send the chip to the tuner, they should have the ability to "read" the tune on the chip, they can create a .cef or .ll3 file of the exact same tune and email it to you same day...... Program your x3, flash the car, and you're running again. AND from this point, you can now datalog and report any issues to your tuner. If you're tuner can't provide this help/service, PM me, I can find you a same-day solution.

do you know if a predator would work with a chip...

he might be able to find a guy local to him to see?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
do you know if a predator would work with a chip...

he might be able to find a guy local to him to see?

That I don't know. If anything, I'd just attempt to datalog with a predator.... Don't piggyback tuning devices. Do it the right way. Lol

Why not just yank the chip, send it to your tuner like I mentioned above....give him the computer code, list of mods, and go from there?

scotts99snake

Established Member
I have done remote email tuning with Don LaSota at lasotaracing.com numerous times on a couple different vehicles. He is VERY good and super quick. If I were you, I would pull the chip and start email tuning with him. Realistically, you could be done in just a couple of days.

I had him email tune my cobra in the beginning of the spring. There is a local dyno but they don't tune fords. I had it run and it put down 548 rwhp. The #'s seemed a little low so I drove to another tuner. (My low #'s were caused by my pulley producing 2#'s less boost than I anticipated-my fault.) Once dynotuned it put down 552 rwhp. I had it retuned for an extra 4 hp...lol.

As rich5150 stated, you could also send the chip out and have them turn it into a .cef or .ll3 file which you could then load on the xcal and flash onto your computer. Both are good options but I think the email tune would be easier.

mr.magic

Established Member
Thanks guys this is awesome news ill get ahold of Brooks and see what we can do. Man wouldn't it be nice to have this car running right for once lol. It's been a pain in the arse since day 1.

mr.magic

Established Member
Nah gotta work bro. Also i don't know what the hell is going on with the car but its getting worse, To the point I believe it to be dangerous. Its really doing some crazy completely random shit with the fueling and also there seems to be some spark problems.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread