WTT/WTS Vortech Race BOV

tamubullitt

Established Member
I'm looking to trade my clear anodized Vortech Maxflow Race BOV with a similar flowing bypass valve. Mine has around 4k miles and works perfectly, just looking to quiet things down by recirculating the air. I need something made to flow for at least the 12 psi the maxflow is rated for like a mondo valve and has a Greddy style flange. Will also sell it or partial trades for the right price. Let me know what you have.

LDC2335

Established Member
IS it really that loud? Was thinking about getting tial BOV, but this one is nice also. I have a Vortech Maxflow part number 8D204-011, it fits the same flange. The mondo will not fit, it has a triangular flange.

Last edited:

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I have always used my s trim at 6-8 lbs non intercooled with 3.6 pulley. I am planning to use a 3.12 pulley non intercooled with AFM power pipe and I think that could be over 12 psi max. Can you tell me what I need for a bov? I rarely see non intercooled setups and I just can't think of what is required

LDC2335

Established Member
I have always used my s trim at 6-8 lbs non intercooled with 3.6 pulley. I am planning to use a 3.12 pulley non intercooled with AFM power pipe and I think that could be over 12 psi max. Can you tell me what I need for a bov? I rarely see non intercooled setups and I just can't think of what is required
Start a Thread in the blower bistro section. This is the market. But on a short note. Spinning your blower that fast on a non intercooler setup is going to generate some dangerously high intake Temps, 250-300 degrees. You'll need meth or soon a new engine. Non intercooler setups can get by with smaller bovs because there is less volume of air to release like a intercooled setup.

tamubullitt

Established Member
IS it really that loud? Was thinking about getting tial BOV, but this one is nice also. I have a Vortech Maxflow part number 8D204-011, it fits the same flange. The mondo will not fit, it has a triangular flange.

I can't say I can really compare it to anything. It's the first supercharger setup I've had running a BOV and I'm just not a fan of the noise, especially being my daily driver. For me its loud, sounds like a jet at highway speeds. Yeah I was really hoping to get a bypass valve that would fit the same flange so I can swap them and move the flange later as time permits.

LDC2335

Established Member
You have any videos? I watched a few and it sound like it whistles like crazy. Mine is so quiet I'm afraid I'll hate it.

tamubullitt

Established Member
You have any videos? I watched a few and it sound like it whistles like crazy. Mine is so quiet I'm afraid I'll hate it.

I'll try to get one uploaded for you, not gonna lie at highway speeds, it's has a pretty good high pitched whistle but I'm turning a 2.95 pulley on my Vortech.

Users who are viewing this thread