WTT Stock 97 Cobra 8.8 with Tokico D-Specs for IRS

acidtonic

Established Member
I want to swap my stock 97 Cobra's 8.8 with just installed Tokico D-Specs (under 2000miles ago, installed 2 or 3 weeks ago) for an IRS.

Since we each need a few modified parts to swap I'd prefer to have the cars side by side and do the swap helping each other over a weekend.

Also my 97 8.8 is slightly shorter than the 99-04 8.8 which means you can fit wider tires.

My control arm bushings are starting to wear out but otherwise its working fine.

80K miles on a body in very good condition that 2 years ago had 30K miles. I've used the car as my daily to and from work for a little over 2 years. Diff has had fluid changes and is otherwise stock. I run 245s on the stock rims and the car has never seen a bigger tire. Car is also quite light, easily under 2900lbs so the rear isnt being stressed as much as a stock weight car.

I have a garage and tools and we can do this over a weekend swaping rears in both cars along with little things required like brakets and tail pipes. I believe the drive shaft just needs a different u joint too.

Lets trade. I dont care about drag racing and would prefer a better handling daily driver.

Located just north of detroit michigan. Zip is 48073. Near 13 mile and woodward. Lets swap.

acidtonic

Established Member
Still thinking or whats up? I'm still waiting to trade :)

Found another potential trade but we're working out the details and I'm not exactly feeling like we will come to an agreement.

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Damn wish you weren't so far away, I would trade you tomorrow. If you decided you want to travel let me know.

-Matt

acidtonic

Established Member
Damn wish you weren't so far away, I would trade you tomorrow. If you decided you want to travel let me know.

-Matt

How about you travel and I'll help you with gas. My girl works at a hotel and could probably get you a very low rate for a night or two. Otherwise I have a spare room with a futon and couch if you're coming alone and not a serial killer.

ZeroSVT

Established Member
How about you travel and I'll help you with gas. My girl works at a hotel and could probably get you a very low rate for a night or two. Otherwise I have a spare room with a futon and couch if you're coming alone and not a serial killer.

I would be all over it if i had my stock wheels, im running the 05 roush wheels, apparently the 96-98 rear ends are narrower and why wheels wouldn't fit >.<

-Matt

acidtonic

Established Member
I would be all over it if i had my stock wheels, im running the 05 roush wheels, apparently the 96-98 rear ends are narrower and why wheels wouldn't fit >.<

-Matt

You can put spacers on to move the wheel back out again. They are like 30-40bux. Common for guys with clearance issues.

Beauty of that is you can remove them when you go to the strip and fit an 11.5 or possibly wider tire with the extra clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread