wtt sonic blue 03 32k miles

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I'm just throwing this out there to see what happens. I don't expect to get a bite but if i do we'll see where it goes. I have a sonic blue 03 with 32k on the clock. It is a solid axle car. For those of you who have not clicked the back button I will go on. It has some nice stuff like most do. Ceramic coated bassani headers, bassani x pipe, magnaflow catback, upgraded heat exchanger, head cooling mod, ported blower, 2.76 upper/2# lower made 502/505. Nitro 555r's have maybe 500 miles on them and zero burnouts or track time. Lots more odds and ends that I'll list out if somebody has what I want to trade for.

What I want: I would trade for a quad cab short bed 4x4 cummins diesel. I love the bright metallic blue offered in or around 2008. That is my first choice on color. Second choice would be black. Prefer auto but six speed is fine too...everything I have is manual and this will just basically be a car 90% of the time so an auto would be nice. I prefer the interior of the 2006 and up over the 05 and previous models. First preference would be to the 5.9L because I don't want to deal with the emissions crap of the 6.7L although that is a quandary because my favorite color was only available wrapped around the 6.7L.

Just seeing what's out there. If this post comes up with nothing then at least I know. If somebody has what I'm looking for, we can get deeper on specifics of our respective vehicles.

Thanks,
TBGT

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Car is located in central kansas. I have my hands full at the moment but I will work on pictures at lunch. I don't know what an asking price would be right now. I mainly posted this to see if there is a trade for what I wanted.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
BlueSpringsCarShow7-31-10009.jpg

Here's a teaser from a car show a couple years ago. Under hood look hasn't changed. Car took second in its class. Sorry I can't shrink the picture. I am posting from my phone.

Last edited:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
BlueSpringsCarShow7-31-10002.jpg

BlueSpringsCarShow7-31-10001.jpg

BlueSpringsCarShow7-31-10005.jpg

IMG_0397-2.jpg

BlueSpringsCarShow7-31-10006.jpg

Again, sorry for the full size photos. I don't know how to resize from my phone. Tires in the pictures are the old bfg drags. They were replaced the nitto 555r's to have a little longer lasting drag radial since it doesn't go to the track. Nitto tires are like new. Front tires are toyo proxes t1-s and they are in great shape.

Last edited:

Oldsracer

Established Member
A little advice for your cummins hunt, if your getting a 5.9, try to get the six speed. The automatics were plagued with problems mainly because the motors were built alot better then the trans were. If you do find one with a built auto then that is the best you can get but second best is the 6-speed

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
The reason i would prefer to trade is because dealers around here think a rat trap eight year old hundred and fifty thousand mile cummins diesel is still worth $25k. Also I see lots of $14-$17k WTB ads on here for cobras. I hope you can understand its not a viable option to sell my car at a wholesale price and then get reamed on a truck priced above retail.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
A little advice for your cummins hunt, if your getting a 5.9, try to get the six speed. The automatics were plagued with problems mainly because the motors were built alot better then the trans were. If you do find one with a built auto then that is the best you can get but second best is the 6-speed

Just put a valair dual disc organic clutch in my 05 ram 3500. Its a regular cab flatbed pulling machine. Overnight freight plus parts plus labor totaled just over $2k. High priced but wonderful clutch. Autos and manuals both have their problems and both have their cost to fix. Just have to pick your poison and go with it.
With the exception of the combine, swather, and skid loader (hydrostatic drive) everything I operate year round has a clutch. My left knee is starting to ache when it shouldn't from thousands and thousands clutch pushes. I love the six speed but for the purpose of this truck an auto would be fine and somewhat preferred.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
I have not logged in to svtp in almost a year. Surprised me to stop by for a moment and find that I had five PM's from march of 13 regarding this car.
I figured the quickest way to follow up with everyone would be to post on the original thread. In September of 2012 I found the exact truck I wanted. The exact color, engine, transmission, and mileage all came together on a dealer lot about an hour from me. I have known the sales manager there for many years and he loves mustangs like we all do. I pulled up photos on my phone to show him the car. We closed the deal very quickly and the cobra was traded off. With the savings in sales tax by trading in vs outright sale, I actually got more for my cobra than I would have gotten on an outright sale.
I hate that my car is gone but I love having a reasonably nice vehicle that I can drive anywhere. I don't panic if there is a storm building. I am not white knuckled on the steering wheel if there is a little patch of water on the road. My son is safe in my new truck and we take it everywhere. I may have a mustang again someday or I may not. Too early to say but right now I only miss the idea of having my cobra. I never drove it anyway so on a day-to-day basis, the decision I made was the right one for me and my family.
I apologize to all of those who inquired and never received a response from me. I have been AWOL and will be again after this post. Best wishes in finding the car you guys want. Just to preempt any further questions the cobra I traded in has been resold and is no longer available.

Users who are viewing this thread