WTT solid for IRS

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
I've got a stock mach rear with about 21k on it. Looking for an 03/04 IRS to swap. I'm located in Omaha and am willing to travel if need be. Willing to add cash if its worth it...not a stock IRS... Let me know.

xXxCOBRA03

Established Member
I have an IRS with broken ring gear, I need a solid. it broke friday night. it is stock with billetflow brace. would love to trade. I'm in Meridian,MS Don't know how far you would travel.

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
thats alittle further than i was thinking about going...let me think about it.

vr4_007

Established Member
Come up to Wa state,.. and Ill make it worth your while, maybe help with gas and stuff,... We can do the swap here at my place, ill throw in a new BF brace if you can hook urs up with some gears 3.7-3.9

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
ideally i wasn't planing on much more than 500 ish miles to keep the whole thing to 3 days...but i may have to reconsider that...

vr4_007

Established Member
Do you have a SA exhaust that your willing to throw in? Lets talk bro, I was serious about helpin with gas. I have the SLP LM1 catback exhaust and a brace that I was planning on putting in here this week. If you have a good set of gears, there is no reason we shouldnt be able to make somthing happen,..

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
oh yeah...ment to have that in the original post...apperently i forgot...I have magnapack catback to go with the swap...

I'm still stock 3.55's...i'm kinda planing on putting 4.10's in once i get back here after i get a swap done...

vr4_007

Established Member
Ok,.. well, would it be worth it to you to do it with the gears if I throw in the brace?
I have Sun-Thurs off for the next couple of months,..
just let me know,..

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
for now(the next week or so...)i don't want to travel much out side of a 500mile circle from omaha(or northcentral WI, but only if you want to deal do it week of thanksgiving)...if I haven't found anyone halfway local in a week or so i will start checking with people starting at the top of the thread who were out side the 500ish mile circle. Sorry, please bear with me i'm just trying to keep this as simple as possible. The reason being 500miles is a decent days drive and will alow me to keep the whole project to a long weekend...much beyond that and I'll end up having to take a whole week off...

murphdogg64

Murphdogg
I am in St. Louis and I have upgraded the rear end on my Cobra to level five half shafts. I am having trouble with the hubs in the IRS. They are making a loud squeaking sound. I would just do a straight trade for the Mach rear end. Oh yeah I have 373's in the rear.

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
I hadn't really considered dealing with level 5 half shafts cause i didn't anticipate anyone that had them doing a straight trade. Let me do some reasearch on the level 5's and i'll get back to you. Is there anything else done to the IRS besides the gears and half shafts? What can you tell me about the squeaking?...speed dependant, suspension load change anything, are you sure its not an inner or outer CV?

slapnutz

Addicted to Boost
Established Member
i'm in illinois, right on the wi/il border. might be very interested in doing this swap. stock 03 IRS.

8616v

Shakin
Established Member
Sorry, spoke too soon. I had a deal worked out last week that had temporarily fell through but is now back on.

Users who are viewing this thread