Custom User Title
Established Member
220px-V8_vegetable_juice.JPG
AC-Slater.jpg

???

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Not to be a dick, yea right...me not a dick. Did you get your issues worked out on this car? I know you had a few...

1. Misfire issue between 5 and 6k rpms.

2. Burning oil/smoking issues

3. The issues with the sparkplugs. You said you were going to get the coil packs replaced as well as the plugs, since the plugs were cracked and their seemed to be a short in the coilpacks. You stated you were going to talk to AMS about this and have them send you down replacement packs and install those. Did this ever happen?

I only ask because when we were talking earlier this year you avoided answering these questions I had. Since, you want to trade or sell it again I figure it should be brought forth.

BamaCarz

Established Member
Not to be a dick, yea right...me not a dick. Did you get your issues worked out on this car? I know you had a few...

1. Misfire issue between 5 and 6k rpms.

2. Burning oil/smoking issues

3. The issues with the sparkplugs. You said you were going to get the coil packs replaced as well as the plugs, since the plugs were cracked and their seemed to be a short in the coilpacks. You stated you were going to talk to AMS about this and have them send you down replacement packs and install those. Did this ever happen?

I only ask because when we were talking earlier this year you avoided answering these questions I had. Since, you want to trade or sell it again I figure it should be brought forth.

These were some of the small issue's I was having, as a very anal retentive person that I am, I was worried that with the car having a small haze was a real deal issue. I have talked to AMS, and I was told that as long as she don't burn oil and smoke while in normal driving situation's, (As in blue smoke rolling everywhere) then I'm probably on the good side. Small amounts of haze in cold start, or after a hard pass at the track was said to be pretty normal for a Highly boosted car, and to pin point all of the small area's that a turbo car can use oil, is hard to find. I know alot of high pressure car's can use small amounts of oil through the turbo seal's, oil catch, ect. ect.

I have since then figured that the weak point on the mis-fire was due to high boost low octane (93). I had the boost backed down to 16psi a few months back and it ran fine, but when it hit anything over 16-18ish around 5-6 grand it would misfire.

So I went and bought the plug and play coil on plug coil pack set from Spark Tech, went with an NGK BR plug, @ .022 and tuned it to 24psi on pump gas again, and has never missed a beat since.

Car has also had a new crank shaft sensor, and new boost controller installed along with the Fuel pump that is being installed as of now, car will be back in hands this Friday tip-top.

So no, I don't think that was being a Dick at all, I'm confident that whoever decideds to buy the car, will enjoy having a very respectably fast street car, and I'v also planned that if I need to drive this car non stop to meet a person for a sell, I won't mind at all doing so, that way the buyer will understand that the car is reliable and will withstand a long drive.

:beer:

BamaCarz

Established Member
Also, did you ever install the new clutch in your cobra, and I believe that on our first phone conversation I did in fact tell you first off and explained that I had started having misfire issues, and that I would let you know something when I had found the time and money to work with the car, and you agreed that you would still be willing to trade on my car....Then you brought up your clutch issue half way through...

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Glad you got these things sorted out. When I was looking at the car that was something that was throwing me off of it.

So you had 3 tunes for the car in the past. Are you going to get the tunes tweaked any for the new pump install? Swapping the 255lph fuel pump to a 350lph pump will throw off the fuel pump feed forward tables; of course these will self correct if driven long enough.....

Just food for thought.

BamaCarz

Established Member
Depends on how it reacts to the 340 on the updated tune, if it fuel cuts or anything of the sort, ill have my tuner data log the car and compensate. shouldnt cost much.

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Also, did you ever install the new clutch in your cobra,

Never did the clutch and it was stated in my FS thread I had the parts and was giving those in for the sale. :) The clutch was brought up in TXTs before you even stated you had the misfire or even ordered your parts...ie the new ignition wires (per your txts) for you car.

and I believe that on our first phone conversation I did in fact tell you first off and explained that I had started having misfire issues,

Actually, in the first few conversations it was never brought up that you were having misfire issues. It was a few days later through the txts that it was brought up. You stated that you bought new ignition wires and that it did clear up the issue of the misfire. That was 2/27

Then on 3/3 you stated you would be ordering the coil packs as you still had the misfire issue again and thought that would fix the issue. You stated you ordered them and had them overnighted so you could get them installed ASAP. Then on 3/7 you stopped txting me when I asked about the blowing blue smoke issues you were having.

and that I would let you know something when I had found the time and money to work with the car, and you agreed that you would still be willing to trade on my car

I was interested in it. You never responded back I left a VM on the 12th. I had to assume you either did not fix the car, had misrepresented the car, just wanted to avoid it alll together due to me finding out more about the car you never told me.

....Then you brought up your clutch issue half way through...

As I have already stated. I told you about the clutch possibly slipping. It was in my FS thread, so it was in black/white for everyone to read. Claiming that I brought it up half way through is amusing. So when were you going to mention to me about the blue smoking issues you were having? When I brought it up to you, you never responded back.

And here we are finally discussing it.

So when I saw these posts...

evolutionm.net - View Single Post - Using oil? Help
Ok, another issue here,I have an 05 MR AMS Built and tuned, she runs 22psi on the street tune, (475hp tune) The car is running the gt35r kit, I have been using the 100ll fuel on the weekend play, car doesn't get drove much in the week days, the car was tuned to fuel cut at 8k rpm, and she will run to that easy, everything seems fine, idles great, and pulls hard, and when I first got the car at 50k miles, it didnt seem to smoke at all, but I have noticed it has a slight blue haze of smoke after a normal drive, its not bad, is this a bad thing? I notice this after I ran the car a few hard time last weekend but nothing punishing for whats done to motor..

BUT then you stated it was getting worse...

evolutionm.net - View Single Post - Using oil? Help
When I first crank the car up in the morning it don't smoke that bad, if at all, but after it reaches temp, it starts smoking blue smoke, and its a burnt smell bad, and its starting to get worse, I just got the car and its not time to change the oil yet, and I cant remember what he ran in the car, but it didnt smoke at all when I got it 3 weeks ago, but I do drive it everyday as it is my daily driver, but tonight it has got worse, it has an oil press. gauge and it idles at 28-30psi and 3-4k rpm its around 50-85psi. The car has jun cams, all the head work and tuning was all done by AMS. I have not hounded the car much at all, just basic pulls ect on the weekends, no 2step either...whats up with this?

yes, I am aware a catch can can help with this issue, but as you stated it was getting worse. As was asked before via txt what is the rate of oil consumption you are having?

Also, I would like to ask when the transfer case, diff and trans fluid were last changed? I tried to contact the guy you bought it from originally to see when it was done. Have you done it?

I do know that the Transfer Case, rear diff and Trans fluid all need changing per Mitsubishi every 15k miles for extreme use and every 30k for normal use; so it is due soon if you have not already done it. If it was done what was used? RP? Cat?

One more thing. Why didn't you sell the car to H82BU on LS1tech? I know he was offering cash money to pay off your loan and was waiting for you to send the bank info so his bank could wire the money to yours thusly paying off your loan.

So really stupid question....do you think the Cobra guys should pay more for your car than the LS1 guys?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/16265631-post1.html
>Name: Nate Cornelius
>Address: 1544 Wildwood ST SW,Cullman, Alabama 35055
>Make: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR Edition
>Model:2005
>Mileage:54,400
>Vin#: JA3AH86DX5U018266
>Phone Number: (256)-735-9105
>Asking Price: (Pay-off)-$19,500.00 OR*** Trade+cash or of equal value***

For Sale- 2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution with only 55k miles, I am the second owner, I bought the car with 48k miles with absolutely NO accidents. The car was Built and Tuned @ 30k miles. Oil has been changed every 2700 miles with Mobil1 Synthetics along with the oil filter and normal maintenance. The car was Tuned by Chris at AMS personally. I have a CD with 3 Map tunes. I daily drive the car to work and play on the weekends with the family and have no issue's what so ever. This will be a very enjoyable car to anyone wanting a fast street car, or Family sedan with good mpg. I have ran the car one time at the track and she went 7.389@97mph with 1.6 second 60ft time with consistency. I have the original BBS 17" Wheels along with the factory turbo setup, turbo manifold ect. and the stock cams/ cam gears. I gave $23,000 for the car awhile back and I'm looking to get rid of the payment so I can build a house. Other than that I would keep her in the family, so at 19,500 this is a steal!! I have all and any records of any dime that has been spent towards the car in any way along with Dyno sheets and build records from AMS.

snip.....

Just want to know. Thanks

Last edited:

2000_GT_stang

Established Member
Would you be interested in a 2000 GT black on black with a 03 P.I. Motor and trans, zex wet nitrous kit, full UPR rear suspension with coil overs, 3.73 gears, upgraded ford racing axles. I also have a full UPR k member kit with a hellions single turbo kit (missing turbo, injectors, and MAF) that are not installed but included. I also have cash to put on top.

BamaCarz

Established Member
Jezzzz!!! LOL. Damn that was long. Lunatic, I reposted on the 2nd page on LS1Tech that I had recently retuned the car, and bought the ignition setup ect. and was asking 22.6 and like 19,000 without extras and ignition setup. And I have the paper work of all of the maintenance from the original owner Bruce in Naples Florida, all I have done is change the oil and filter since purchase. And I would say it does not get drove enough to maintenance the trans just yet. And If someone would like a cold start video, with a good drive I can take one, the car has a slight haze on cold start for a few seconds and clears, if this was something big issue here, like worn valve seal or piston ring ect. that would cause a more constant smoke. I'm thinking of the turbo right now, could be something there, spools fine, has just enough slack in the housing at the shaft, so who knows.

BamaCarz

Established Member
Would you be interested in a 2000 GT black on black with a 03 P.I. Motor and trans, zex wet nitrous kit, full UPR rear suspension with coil overs, 3.73 gears, upgraded ford racing axles. I also have a full UPR k member kit with a hellions single turbo kit (missing turbo, injectors, and MAF) that are not installed but included. I also have cash to put on top.

No thanks. Looking for like an 03-04.

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Jezzzz!!! LOL. Damn that was long. Lunatic, I reposted on the 2nd page on LS1Tech that I had recently retuned the car, and bought the ignition setup ect. and was asking 22.6 and like 19,000 without extras and ignition setup. And I have the paper work of all of the maintenance from the original owner Bruce in Naples Florida, all I have done is change the oil and filter since purchase. And I would say it does not get drove enough to maintenance the trans just yet. And If someone would like a cold start video, with a good drive I can take one, the car has a slight haze on cold start for a few seconds and clears, if this was something big issue here, like worn valve seal or piston ring ect. that would cause a more constant smoke. I'm thinking of the turbo right now, could be something there, spools fine, has just enough slack in the housing at the shaft, so who knows.

So, with what you said about the price change. Let me get this straight.

first it was 19k without the 3200 in parts/tune/yadda yadda and with that included it comes to 22.6k? 400 in mark up... mkay. Yea install costs I can see it, but you are now charging extra because you had to make the car right for a future sale?

That being said. I guess I should jump my price up on my Cobra that I have for sale by $2100 with the extras that I am including? Plus an additional amount to have the parts installed so another 3-4 hundred?

As far as maintaining the Trans, diff and transfer case....yes you need to do them. Even if the car does not get driven a lot. That is why it is recommended that it is done every 15k for heavy use and 30k for normal use. Considering that the driveline on those cars are not cheap, it is a safe bet that servicing the fluids in it would be wise. Especially on a non stock Evo at that.

BamaCarz

Established Member
So, with what you said about the price change. Let me get this straight.

first it was 19k without the 3200 in parts/tune/yadda yadda and with that included it comes to 22.6k? 400 in mark up... mkay. Yea install costs I can see it, but you are now charging extra because you had to make the car right for a future sale?

That being said. I guess I should jump my price up on my Cobra that I have for sale by $2100 with the extras that I am including? Plus an additional amount to have the parts installed so another 3-4 hundred?

As far as maintaining the Trans, diff and transfer case....yes you need to do them. Even if the car does not get driven a lot. That is why it is recommended that it is done every 15k for heavy use and 30k for normal use. Considering that the driveline on those cars are not cheap, it is a safe bet that servicing the fluids in it would be wise. Especially on a non stock Evo at that.

Ask whatever you want for your Cobra, I'm not interested in it, so please move on to a different thread.

SneakyPete

Banned
BEAUTIFUL car but it seems to me that you got in over your head on a previously built car that you don't understand and now you're trying to pawn it off on someone to get rid of the headaches. Trying to recup expenses spent on the car to fix it's known issues though is kind of ridiculous, that's part of getting a car ready for a sale to assure the new owner that it will run well for them. Does it currently run without problems?

BamaCarz

Established Member
BEAUTIFUL car but it seems to me that you got in over your head on a previously built car that you don't understand and now you're trying to pawn it off on someone to get rid of the headaches. Trying to recup expenses spent on the car to fix it's known issues though is kind of ridiculous, that's part of getting a car ready for a sale to assure the new owner that it will run well for them. Does it currently run without problems?

Car is 100% as of now, Have a guy from this forum interested in buying, and requested a video of the car running, interior ect. Video will be posted Friday evening after I pick the car up from the shop. If the car reacts bad to the 340 fuel pump, which is a big possibility, I will have my tuner sort this out before a sell. I will show proof of what was done in the tune, how much, and when.
As of now, Pending Sale. Thanks.

LunaticSVT

Fun with the Mammoth
Established Member
Ask whatever you want for your Cobra, I'm not interested in it, so please move on to a different thread.

I am glad you dont want my car. I was not about to trade it without cash from you, but fortunately you did not want to add cash on top. Dodged a bullet there!

BTW - You never answered what the rate of Oil consumption was. You have not addressed the light hazing on start up and then getting worse on warm up. I am sure that the new prospective buyer would like to know about those things too. You say you think it is the turbo "possibly" but are not sure. Wow.

Also, why the new pump? Old one failed? No reason to upgrade it if you are selling/trading it right?

I will move along here. I sure hope that the potential new owner does not get screwed on this deal. I am glad I saw what I saw and you never responded as you did; otherwise I would have been stuck with a car that is/was full of issues.

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread