WTT, My Supercharged 85' GT (582 rwhp) + cash for your...

trayack

Established Member
I have finally made the conscious decision to place my car up for sale. Everyone asks why in these things so here you go. I built the car for the dragstrip but also do drive around on the street on nice days. I currently live in Nantucket Island which is 30 miles out to sea off of the coast of Cape Cod MA. In order to go to the drag strip it costs me $1000 just to get the car and trailer there and back because of the boat and fuel costs. It has taken me years to realize that this just isn't going to work well for me and my bank account. I'm also getting married in December and could use the cash.

So, For Sale is my 1985 Ford Mustang GT with T-tops. Over the last 6 years I have stripped this car of everything that Ford put on it. Literally everything on this car is brand new. When I was building it I planned to drive it "all the time" but truth is I rarely take it our of the climate controlled garage it lives in. I only have just over 800 miles on the car. The motor has been properly broken in with the use of a chassis dyno. Below you will find a small breakdown of what’s in the car.

Body:
1985 Ford Mustang GT with T-tops
1987 Front clip
Brand new headlights/turn signals.
4" Harwood Cowl hood
SOS Eliminator Pro rear wing (not installed, NIB)
Brand new T-top, door and hatch weather stripping from 5.O Resto
Completely rust free doors with power windows/locks.

DMC Racing in Halifax MA has done the following chassis work:
I challenge you to find a nicer cage...
10 point Cromoly Roll Cage with through the floor subrames connected to the main hoop. Cage goes through the dash.
The cage is also tied into the upper torque boxes from the main hoop.
Both upper and lower Torque boxes have already been reinforced.
Custom made Stroud Window net.
Custom anti roll bar for the rear to clear my exhaust.
Rear fender lips trimmed to clear rear tires.

Engine:
Sportsman Block, fully studded with a DSS main girdle and windage tray.
Canton 7 quart pan with oil drain for supercharger.
Scat Forged stroker crank (double keyed), H-Beam rods, SRP Blower dished pistons. Engine displaces 342 CI.
High pressure oil pump and hardened shaft.
Anderson Motorsports B-41 Cam. (specs to callers, will not post)
AFR 205 heads that have been machined with O-rings installed.
Harland Sharp Roller Rockers (specially for the 205's as were there issues with other brands)
Victor Jr. intake port matched to the 205's.
Moroso Ultra 40 Race wires
Innovator West Balancer

Superchager and other related items:
Custom C&S Billet Aerosol 800cfm carb (built for this engine)
Novi 2000 Polished supercharger with custom tensioner from SDCE (see below for more info)
Custom Aluminum blower tubing (powder coated) with Procharger Big Red Race Bypass.
Snow Performance Stage 2 Methanol Injection Kit
Spare 3" upper pulley and shorter belt for more boost. (currently running 11psi)
Innovate Motorsports XD-16 stand alone A/F gauge.
Electronic Crank Case EVAC pump and catch can (controlled by Ignition box)
Griffin aluminum Radiator
Spal twin 11" electric fans
DCC fan controller

Exhaust:
Hooker Supercomp 1 3/4 long tube headers that have been ceramic coated.
Custom 3" Stainless Steel Exhaust with X-pipe and Borla XR-1 mufflers.
This exhaust is literally a work of art. It was constructed so sections can be dropped out while other remain on the car.
It cost me over $3,000 and will last forever. Words honestly don't do it justice. It must be seen in person.

Fuel System:
Custom sumped fuel tank which has been powder coated in "wet black". Again, will last forever.
Aeromotive A1000 pump with required filters
Aeromotive tank insert for return line.
Aeromotive FP regulator.
The whole car is plumbed with -10 feed and -8 return braided lines.
FP gauge is mounted outside of the passenger compartment on left side of cowl.

Ignition:
MSD Digital 7, 7531 (has traction control).
MSD HVC Coil
MSD Billit Distributor

Transmission:
Tremec TKO II
Motorsport Aluminum driveshaft
Quicktime SFI approved Bellhousing and extended clutch fork
Spec Stage 3 Clutch with Billet Steel flywheel.
Pro 5.0 Shifter

Rear end / suspension.
Custom made 8.8 with 9 inch ends welded on. (stock length) Axle tubes have also been welded to center section.
Rear end is powder coated black.
T/A rear girdle.
CHE Axle tube girdle with pumpkin brace.
Strange SS Axles with 5/8's studds. (31 spline, for use with 9 inch ends)
Strange 3.73 rear gear set.
Stock drums in the rear, but completely brand new. Drums themselves have also been powder coated black.
UMI double adjustable upper control arms and single adjustable lowers with spherical rod ends.
Lakewood 50/50 shocks, stock coils.

Front Suspension:
QA1 tubular K-member with tubular arms.
1987 spindles with cross drilled rotors and stock calipers with 3 inch studs. Braided Russel brake lines.
Lakewood 70/30 installed but comes with QA1 adjustables (not installed yet)
Coil over Conversion with 175lb springs.
Adjustable camber-caster plates

Wheels-Tires:
Bogart D10's, front 15x3.5 rear 15x8. (on car now) These are PERFECT...and the best looking wheel ever!
Weld Draglites (same sizes, but not installed now)
Mickey Thompson SR radial fronts (26x4)
Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials (275-60-15)

Interior:
The whole interior has been coated with Dynamat Extreme.
Brand new front section of the carpet. Rear hatch area needs to be done still.
Corbeau seats, getting a little warn, but super comfortable.
Florida 5.0 gauge cluster. The second one ever for 1985-86 cars. and the only one I believe with 5 inch gauges.
(It took 2 years to get this made and cost me over $1000)
Loaded with full assortment of Autometer Ultra light gauges. (electric speedo)
Autometer Ultra light Digital VAC/Boost gauge.

This is just a small list of really what’s in this car. I stopped counting when my expenditures in this car reached $50,000. I just came back from SDCE in West Warwick RI where it was tuned by Scott. In its current trim it (street, conservative tune) it made 582 rwhp at 6500rpm. Interestingly enough it had not reached peak HP level even at this RPM. The motor also makes 500rwtq
from 3500 on up. It literally only dropped 1 rwtq until 6500. Scott worked his magic with this thing and it drives like a dream.

As you can see by the pix in does need to be painted. There is very minor rust over the right rear wheel well but that’s about it. If I don't sell it I will blow it all apart again and it will be painted Viper Graphite Metallic.

Along with the car will go its 24ft Dove tail open trailer with Honda Generator.
Also with the vehicle you will get every space part, nut, bolt, ect that goes to it. Literally everything. Just bring a truck, hook up and away you go.

If it sells to a person in MA, I would even consider letting my prized "1320FT" license plate go with it. Below are just a few pix of the car, but I have a ton more. Feel free to call me with any questions you have.

My asking price for everything is $27,000.

Thanks for your interest.

Travis Ray
508-221-0240

WholeCar.jpg

ExhaustArt.jpg

Newinterior.jpg

Motorfront.gif

Undersidefront.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread