WTT: My 2011 rear with 3.73's for equal yr/mileage 2011-2012 rear with 3.31's

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I do alot of hwy driving and I like to cruise at 80mph. I'd prefer the gas mpg, plus when I turbocharge the car, the longer gears will be a bit nicer. I work at a performance shop and they can do the work, I just need to double check on price. The swap will be about $500 total which I'm willing to split.

I don't want to open the rear, I just want to swap the entire rear ends. I'm in NY and have about 23k on my 2011.

NickSezz

Established Member
I am going to try and find a 3.73 car and drive it...I am thinking about it...but if I go FI later this might not be the best idea. Plus I like the idea of trapping in 4th if I take her to the track. I'm not far from you tho...keep ya posted...

Oh, and my axle has under 4k miles on it :rockon:

xxbmxlsxx

Established Member
just change the gears out. i swapped my 3.73s for 3.55s. it only takes a few hours and u should probably upgrade the diff anyway. i swapped to an eaton posi also since the stock diff lasted one hard launch. im switching to 3.31s soon since it seems i maxed out 4th still at 134 in quarter mile. oh yeah, and 5th gear synchros broke already since stock pressure plate wouldnt allow me to shift into 5th at 7200rpms

Last edited:

mhyjek

Established Member
I do alot of hwy driving and I like to cruise at 80mph. I'd prefer the gas mpg, plus when I turbocharge the car, the longer gears will be a bit nicer. I work at a performance shop and they can do the work, I just need to double check on price. The swap will be about $500 total which I'm willing to split.

I don't want to open the rear, I just want to swap the entire rear ends. I'm in NY and have about 23k on my 2011.
I was thinking the same thing... I have 3.73's and when I 1/4 the car now I trap 113-114 in 4th or 113 all the time in 5th. For my current setup 3.55 would probably trap at 115-116 4th but down the road I would like to do FI so I want 3.31. Wish you luck on the swap but to buy a new set isn't that bad either.

stang8psi

Established Member
not sure why you just don't change the gears out? it's cheaper and more people may be willing to switch at that point? Or is the shop not able to do the gear change?

Users who are viewing this thread